help on letterings

Discussion in 'Boating' started by boogie, Mar 5, 2008.

1. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    i want to put the name of my boat on the sides,not sure where to or how to get the lettering to go on,any help would be much appreciated(it will be going on my pontoon boat if that helps any) naming it "Zachary Scott" after my son.....so he can look down from heaven and see that his old man is always thinking about him.......

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I would suggest going to a sign shop. The type that will put lettering on the side of a truck.
    They can print you up any decall in any shape and color. Then you just stick it on.

3. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I agree, go to someone who letters trucks and get vinyl lettering done. Its usually fairly cheap, and will be easy to remove if you ever decide to get rid of the boat. It can be tricky to put on because you have to remove all the bubbles, but with some patience it can be done. If you are worried about doing it right, they can letter it for you. These letters last a good long time as long as you dont scrape them up.

4. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Most sign guys can do this for you in vinyl... mabe a web search would turn up someone?

5. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    thanks guys .....i was talking to my cuz this evening and brought up the subject and wouldnt ya know ,he had some lettering made for his boat a ways back,just like you all said ......he is getting me the name and info tommorrow :wink: