Help On Carp Baits

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by LITTLE FISH, May 5, 2007.

1. LITTLE FISH

LITTLE FISH New Member

State:
    New Paris, Ohio
    Hey guys if you no any good carp baits then help me out please because im trying to get some money in the jakpot fishing for some big carps

THANKS GUYS:smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    dough baits have worked for me real good...also check out the BOC libary to see if there is any info there for ya

3. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I've heard these guys make a pretty good boilie http://www.k-1boilies.com/

I've heard the pineapple ice cream seems to work very well. I haven't tried them yet but probably will soon

4. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Hi dude, welcome to the only fishing site on the web you need.

Ok, carp baits.... Sweetcorn, luncheon meat (Spam), and BREAD! Try floating the bread on the surface in the hot weather for some AMAZING takes! (You can also catch the odd DUCK this way for your sunday lunch :big_smile: ) There's one more bait that i find to be EXTREMELY effective but I'll PM you with it, please keep it to yourself.

Tight lines and good luck!

5. mycat

mycat New Member

State:
    winston sa
    Up your way whole wheat bread with a small onion chip has worked well in St. Marys Lake& Stillwater & Muskegium Rivers. Let bread dry out ,then moisten till you can make dough. They won`t hit it much down here in NC. , but very good up there.

6. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    im assuming your fishing a paypond,if you are i would try some good pack bait like millit,oats,grits,soybean meal.as those are the most common but here are some recipes that have cought fish for me.

millet
    4parts millet
    1part flour
    1 handfull of wheat bran
    corn surup or kayro

mix millet,flour,bran,and flavor(koolaid)in a big pan or bowl.pour surup over and stir until you can fill it getting wet,when it starts "crawling" moving on its own when you stir it,its ready,let it set for a while and its ready.add flavor.

oats
    1 big can of quick oats
    and 1 or 2 cans of cream corn
    mix it all together until it will pack,let set.add flavor.

grits
    1 big box of instant grits
    half small pack of quick grits
    1 bottle of corn or karo surup
    mix grits dry add surup and stir until grits get wet and just start to pack. add any flavor you choose and let set for one day.

soybean meal
    5 pounds soy meal
    2 cans cream corn
    flavor
    just mix it all together,its that simple.remember 2 cans cream corn for every 5 pounds of soymeal. add flavor.

this is just the basic bait mixes that have worked for me.i know some of the directions are not that all specific but work with me here. hope this helps:cool2:

7. olyeller

olyeller New Member

State:
    Kingsland, TX
    Easiest and best I know of:

Fill a cup with 100% Bran Flakes, then add a small amount of water. Mash well with your fingers until you have a nice dough, sticky but not too soft. Put a ball of it on a treble hook with a slip weight ahead of the hook and let it sit on the bottom with a nearly slack line. When you get a pickup, set the hook hard.

You can also use Red soda pop, syrup, or other additives if yoy want to, but the plain water recipe is hard to beat.
    Corn flakes don't work. Use bran flakes.

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    My favorite is stale Kix cereal. Add enough strawberry soda so it is good and sticky, but don't let it get mushy! Fish on a small #8 single hook. I've caught some dandies on this bait.

9. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Now where did you here that, :big_smile: . If you are jackpot fishing on a paylake boilies will most likly not be the best way to go. Pack bait is a major way of life and money at paylakes. But for just plain fun and good fishing look at K-1 baits. By the way skeeter, they accounted for a 45lb 12oz carp, another 44lber and around 12 30's. All near Chattanooga TN. K-1 is doing something right, but for paylakes just try to learn what works. I always hear boilies are not good on pay lakes, but the K-1 maize could do well.

10. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Somebody may jump in and correct me, but I don't think that there are any carp paylakes here in Oklahoma yet like there are back east. Of course, the whole carp thing hasn't really caught on too well here yet, either. We are pretty much still in the "No.......really?" stage. When someone stops and ask what you are fishing for and you say carp, they say "No......really?":smile2:

11. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    He is in Ohio so there are probably some pay lakes. It gets very competitive, being young you may be able to just talk to the guys, but I hear some protect there recipes, even down to throwing away "dummy" ingredients, like a can of carrots, or empty bottle of something with the scent washed out. When money is on the line many lips are tight. I have had the fortune of seeing inside the bait bucket of one paylake fisher and I have had success with his mix. If you get someones trust keep it. Don't expect them to be as open as a catfisherman telling you if they are hitting shad or bluegill. One flavoring that is pretty much a good all around is Superior Vanilla Butter Nut. Can be found at Krogers. I always do well with it when I am fishing pack.

12. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    I make my own with corn, molasses,peanutbutter,cornstarch and cotton balls to hold it together on a small treble hook I hope ya find one that works for you dont forget the strawberry pop and wheaties