Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Help! New trolling motor on 2018 Tracker Pro Team 175

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Badmaw 
#1 ·
I'm hoping to install a new TM on my boat. I tried to remove the old TM yesterday but have to get access to the under side of the aluminum panel it's mounted on (the bolts just spin and won't come out). There's a sloping, carpeted panel that I assume would allow access to the area I need. Now, this is probably a very dumb problem, but, I can't figure out how to remove the panel! I didn't see any screws in the panel itself. There are some screws in the aluminum near the panel (where the carpeted panel and the aluminum meet) but they just spin also. I'm hoping someone here has the magic answer for this delimma! The pic shows the panel. It slopes up from the deck to the aluminum where the motor is mounted.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I know it's not the same brand but my GIII had a front deck that resembled yours but without carpet. The only way to access the nuts on the bottom side of the TM mount was through a hole located on the front of the deck covered by a plate with the G3 logo and motor plug in it. The plate was held on with four screws. The hole behind the plate was too small for me to get my arm in much farther than mid way between the wrist and elbow which didn't allow me to reach the front ones. Following several different attempts at rigging up wrench extensions, I finally had to get someone with tiny arms to hold the wrench on the nut on bottom while I turned the bolt from the top. You may get luck and find if there are screws under the carpet they didn't use stainless ones and they can be detected by a magnet. Good Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.