Help needed....

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KAW RIVER KILLER, Aug 24, 2009.

1. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    My brother in law and best fishing buddy has a problem. If anyone can offer advice or provide help it would be very appreciated. Here is the email he sent me.

Attached Files:

2. KAW RIVER KILLER

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Other pics

Attached Files:

3. drewscot

drewscot New Member

State:
    Manhattan, KS
    Man this is a bad deal and I should know. I was one of the workers that put it in. His wife talked to us when we were there and I felt sorry for her. Wish i could offer advice.

4. KAW RIVER KILLER

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    No, its where you keep cattle that are being fed/grown for slaughter. It makes everything within a 1000 yards smell like cow crap. They are supposted to be in the middle of nowhere, not your front yard.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  5. KAW RIVER KILLER

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    That guy's a piece of work isn't he? The flattie in my avatar came out the creek back there, a feed lot would poison those waters.

6. drewscot

drewscot New Member

State:
    Manhattan, KS
    ya I would agree with you so would many other people let me say. Ya that creek even with the amount of space we left between it and the feed lot it will be affected. My heart goes out to the your brother n law.

7. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Send out letters to you political leaders in your area , make sure all permits are in order, could require things like a environmental impact use permit or a conditional use permit from the county,see if a business lic. is required. have the well water checked for any contamination before they move in and have it checked at a later date to check for any nitrate pollution ect. good luck,.

guess if ya got a bird problem ya could get yourself one of them propane blast cannons to scare the birds away:big_smile:, only thing is I here cows don't like to eat under stress:smile2:

8. KAW RIVER KILLER

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    I'm sure he thanks you for your concerns. From what Joshua told me, all of Richy Rich's farm hands have come by when they were off the clock to say this was a bunch of BS and hate to be any part of it. I believe in America, justice will be served.

9. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    ya know, i know some guys.......... :wink::roll_eyes:

10. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Tell him to get a hold of his Kansas State legislator for his district immediately. I have called upon mine on three different occasions over the last ten years. They have solved problems for me in 2 days that I had been trying to get fixed for 6 months.

Junction City's rep is:

Barbra Craft

[SIZE=-1]Capitol Office
    Room: DSOB
    Phone: 785-296-7642
    Email: barbara.craft@house.ks.gov[/SIZE]

The elected officials are there to take care of you and I have had great luck getting them involved, especially when it comes to veterans. If she doesn't seem interested in solving the problem, she will after the TV station and newspaper does a nice story on it.

11. tmramrod91

tmramrod91 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Based on some business law classes I took these situations depend a lot on the language in the contract.

Tough to say if he has any legal recourse without reading the contract, but ya, I'd say get in touch with local reps or find someone who knows someone that would be willing to help out a soldier, shouldnt be too tough to find in KS I would hope.

12. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    When I bought my place there was a water well to close to a horse paddock. The Health Dept. Said I could lose the well or lose the barn, but one or the other had to go. Since his well was there first, he may have some recourse with them.

good luck

13. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Well I think a man has the right to do what he wants on his own land but he should consider his neighbor also.Sorry about your problem .Might be able to get it shut down if its causing a health problem.WHickh I;m sure it could be.

14. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    hey your cows are out again :wink: i dont know how they keep getting out at 2:30 in the mourning:crazy:

15. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Those pictures kind of suck. I can't see scale very well. The handling area there with all the gates and the chute wouldn't have cattle in them very often and not for very long. It looks imposing but it would be empty most of the time.

Is the bunk really that long? Size matters. It looks huge. Who owns the driveway?

http://www.kdheks.gov/feedlots/index.html

http://www.kdheks.gov/feedlots/download/release_form_habitable_structure_11_05.doc

Maybe the feedlot guy is just going to end up buying their house and he isn't in a hurry.

16. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Good thinking, Josh! That seems to be what his slick dealing neighbor planned
    from the beginning. GI couples move around a lot. If your brother would be
    into doing this, maybe he could stay put for a couple of months so that the
    state rep could get in there and slam Slik's balls in his center top desk drawer
    behind this. Vandalism just gets the cops involved in this and they can mess
    up a good day every time.

17. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    You need some no trespassing signs on your driveway. It will be a real hassle to fill those troughs from inside the lot. I think that even if a property is zoned agricultural that there is still an easement that has to be respected between property lines.he can only be so close to the property line. And if there is a big creek there kansas law says that he has to put in means to protect the quality of the water. Get the epa involved!! The best advice i can give is do not sign anything unless your 100% sure of the terms. It is one thing for a neighbor to come ask to keep a couple cows in a pasture but totally different thing when they want you to sign a waiver to do it. That should have thrown up a red flag right there

18. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    That is a good idea, I would check into the property lines of the lands. Then check into the signs or maybe even a gate at the drive. Might not stop things but could slow it down. Also a call into the KS State Health Dept might be something they can advise you on or direct you in the correct direction.

19. KAW RIVER KILLER

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    I believe that guy owns the drive and Josh has right of way or and easement. I have a pretty good feeling that document he signed isn't worth the paper it's written on. Josh's wife never signed it and Kansas is a community property state, even though she is not vested on the title, she still owns half of it. He can sell or refinance it with out her signature. This guy is just trying to be a bully.

Thankyou guys for all of your suggestions so far, I'll keep you posted.

20. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I wonder why the guy wanted to put the feed lot there. It depends on the farmer but most feed lots are only empty when there is grass to eat. So 7-8 months out of the year they will probably have cattle. I dont know if they will be able to do anything since he signed a waver but EPA is the best bet. Keep us updated.