HELP needed, pier, bank fishing near calabash, Ocean Isle...

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by BassCat, Jun 11, 2009.

1. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    Im heading to the coast this weekend, really need some advice where to catch some fish at, we'll be close to sunset beach, Ocean Isle, and Calabash. any advice greatly appreciated.
    Michael

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    There r still some piers in that area , can't never keep all those islands figured out i ,know the last one before S.C has a pier ,also a pier in cherry grove in s.c. . There is beach access at all the locations u mentioned for surf fishing . OF all the places u name CALABASH IS THE ONLY ONE I CAN GARENTEE YOU CATCHING FISH AT [CAPT. NANCE,S SEAFOOD RESTURANT ] TO ME THEM FISH R GOOD TOO :smile2:

ALSO THERE R SOME SMALL HEADBOATS IN CALABASH ,WELL THE LAST TIME I WAS THERE ,THEY HAD SOME ,HALF DAY BOTTOM FISHING .

JUST REMBER TO HAVE A SALTWATER FISHING LICENSE OR CHECK TO SEE IF YOU NEED ONE :wink:

3. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks, We're staying on the ICW, maybe catch a few there, talked to a guy at ocean Isle pier yesterday on the phone, he said some good fish were being caught in the early morning, maybe I'll catch enough for a few meals atleast. Heard several good reports up near fort fisher, and kure beach, wish we were going there, just cuz I know more about it, and good areas to fish, but cant complain with a free house for a week.

thanks again,
    Michael

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    is there a pier at the house u r staying at ,if so catch u some minnows an flounder fish in waterway, or maybe a drum will come calling :wink:

5. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I fish oak island when vacationing. The icw is better by far on a average day. We caught fish very well this time last year.

All I could catch in the surf was sting rays.

Good luck.