Help need at Fort Washington

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by TIM HAGAN, Mar 6, 2007.

1. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Guy Tim L posted this on my web site and if anyone is down that way or can help out it would be great.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just walked my two dogs down to the Ft Wash ramp and two guys were just pulling in from catfishing at 7 pm. It was a little cold and very windy out there today. They are in a 16 ft Alumacraft with a 25 hp Mercury out in this weather (now that is some hardy souls). I asked them if they read this site and they do. They got there today from Gettysburg, PA, and will fish through Thursday (in the snow too), sleeping in their van overnights. I told them I'd post this so if anybody is out the next couple of days you could look for them on the river and can share some advice with them (I think they could use some good bait too). I gave them some places to try, best tides to fish, etc, but the more info for them the better. They are using mackeral and large shinners. Very interesting guys to talk to. I told them to register on this site and post a fishing report when they get back.

I ran a 20 ft Grady White in the bay for 10 years named the "Lunatic Fringe" but I'll tip my hat to these two guys!

TimL

I will try and move things around in the morning and get down there to help them out some with bait and some spots to fish. If anyone is thinking of coming down to fish the river at anytime . I'm always here to help out just ask we have many members in maryland now and we will do what we can to help out.

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's a post just like that above that i just read,that makes me very proud of my BOC family! Guys goin out of their way to launch a boat and go help total strangers with bait and good honey holes to go too. All I can say is WOW!! Ya all make me so proud! You are very special people,I may never ever get to personally meet ya but I just have to commend ya for doin that. It's just super. I hope the kindness of it will influence those men to become part of our BOC family! A Job Well Done Guys!!:big_smile:

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    just to let you guys know I was on the phone at 6:30 am with the guy at the ramp. Tim L printed off the post and took it down to them on his way to work today (thanks alot Tim) anyway I got them to some spots for bait and set them up on 5 different holes that has been great for me over the winter.I can get away today but if they have troubles they will call. Plus Todd one of my new club members just called me and is going to stop by and check out them and see if they need anything.

pk_powell I thank you for the kind words but thats what its all about members during what we can to help out others in our sport.Something some bass guys need to pick up on But after my phone call with them they will be checking in here when they get back home. I will head down tomorrow morning and try to see they last day here was better than the first 2. I will post something when I get back tomorrow.

4. nalley1952

nalley1952 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I rode down today but they were still out fishing. I left my business card on their van. Hope they don't panic when they see a police officer's card on the windsheild. Talked to the old man at the marina said they went out early this morning. Hear they were able to hook up with a 30 lber.

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I just got off the phone with them they had a 30,25 and some smaller ones. Had a hard time finding bait and motor troubles as well. I will meet them at the ramp in the morning and see what I can do for them.

6. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    man its 2 degrees here and I'm headed fishing to help the guys out.

can someone say NUT :waaaht:

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    heading down for a few hours if you guys get out stop on by will be around the fort and fox ferry

8. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Got out today for 4 hours meet up with Marty,Sabin,Todd and Bryan. Andjust like myself seems we all marked fish but the bite was the hard part. I got shad fast at blue plains had 8 shad in 12 cast.I marked big fish in 4 different holes and lots of them as well. But the bite was slow we did end up with 1 at 29 lbs abd 5 around 5 lbs, I will try again tomorrow and see if they will hit by drift fishing by them.

9. Billy Tucker

Billy Tucker New Member

State:
    Manasszs Va
    Tim, what is the water temp range on the river now? Have not been out in a few months. Thanks.

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Mostly around 40 hit some 38 to 42 in the main river smoot bay was around 44 fox ferry was 48.

11. aplumma

aplumma New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The River up at Deale MD was 52 degrees as of Saturday. I was not in the main chanell so it was a little warmer than the main river I bet.

Art