Help My Cousin, Please!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEW JERSEY TALK' started by flathead willie, May 21, 2006.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a cousin who loves to fish but he has been stickin' to salt water lately because he really doesn't know any good catfishing holes. He is in Riverdale in North Jersey. Can anyone help him out?

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    If he gets on down to the southern end of the Delaware I'll square em away gladly. We got some north jersey boys on here. Check the profiles and shoot em a PM.

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    never herd of riverdale but if hes fishin salt he cant be to far from me just about every river by me has channels and whites some big whites too 7lbrs not unheard of

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    He is actually in Oak Ridge, his sister is in Riverdale. he isn't too far from the Delaware Water Gap. We went out in his boat for Bluefish last July 4th from Freeport and had a blast. Caught more than his live wells and coolers could hold. A lot of 5# to 20# fish.

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    sorry post was supposed to be private

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Imust be retarted that was ment to be a direct message

7. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    im south of the water gap by 15 miles well where i fish im 15 miles south and i would help him out but i dont know many good catfish hole ether. i do alright in the delaware river but not great. i could show him some good smallmouth action, good trout streams, and a few other places but catfishing isnt my strong point. i just dont get out enough catfishing.

8. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i grew up in west milford. that is the town that oak ridge is in. he can go to the hudson river for the white cats. they will hit any cut bait.. but cut shad or bunker is the best.. he can go by the power plant in tomkins cove and fish the rocks. and there is also the chance to catch a striper in the spring... he can also go the the delaware river and catch channel cats. fish at the gap with cut shad or cut shiners. fish at the head of the pools in the summer and will probably do good. or he can go to pretty much any of the public spots and do good... on the local front, if he can get onto pinecliff lake, it has some channels and alot of bullheads. belchers creek, below the dam of pinecliff lake has limited acess but has some big channels and a few flatheads. it isn't a big creek but goes into greenwood lake. greenwood is ok. but you need a boat. lake hopatcong has some nice fish.. bud lake has some nice channels in it. is has a lot of bank access along rte 46. again fish all of these places with cut bait.... monksville has some nice channels in. my personal best is about 10lbs... fished by the trees on the beach.. good luck

ed