Help.Moving to Arkansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by recordbreakin1, Jul 6, 2009.

1. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I might be moving up to Arkanasas in a few weeks and was wondering what the weather is like up there.Storm,rain and snow wise.Also what are the fishing laws like and is the fishing good up there.I don't know what part of Arkansas I willl be moving to yet but just things in general will help.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    We do get some snow up here but not a bunch. what kind of work will you do? Gonna bring your boat?

3. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    There's plenty of good fishing and the weather is not much different than Texas. What part of Texas are from? I lived in La Porte for about 15 years. At any rate I believe you will find plenty of fishng here and welcome to Arkansas if you do make the move!

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
  5. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks guys.I work in thew oilfield I was an HSE Supervisor but the work has dried up around here so gonna go up there and give it a try.I want to bring my boat but probly gonna be living out of a hotel up there until I see how things go.ANother question is how much does the average house for rent go for up there?

6. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Wish you well on your jurney, I think you will love it here people are very nice and always willing to give a hand to thoses in need or just becouse! I am a owner myself as far as a home but you will find that the cost of living is much cheaper and housing rent or buy is lower than most states. but most of all fishing is good!!:smile2:

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    There drilling for natural gas everywhere around my parts..:eek:oooh::tounge_out: Let us know what county your gonna end up in....Rent will be cheaper in the smaller communities than say Little rock:big_smile:

8. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Depends on where you get as too how much the rent is and what you get. As far as fishing - there is plenty of it and it is a lot cheaper than Texas!

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    ARkansas is a great state to live in I am not a native but i got here as fast as i could Its a sportsmans dream

10. catfishcraz

catfishcraz New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I came from California myself about 5 and a half years ago. I tell ya, rent sure is heck of alot cheaper here and there's heck of a lot more fishing holes to get to depending on where you move to. If you move out towards the country part you will find rent is cheaper then the bigger towns and all. I love it here compared to California. Love the country and the people are great here! Good luck on the move as well as job searching.

11. Kalvinc

Kalvinc New Member

State:
    Russellville, AR
    If you move to a small/average town the rent will be plenty cheap. If you move to a college town however.... $750 will probably be the lowest. I love the fishing around here...any kind of fish you want you can get it in the lakes or the river, you will love it if you make the move.

12. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Jesse, I am not really familiar with the fishing in Arkansas but I can tell you one thing. The BOC'ers I have met from Arkansas are some of the nicest folks in the world. I hate to say it, but I would skip a Texas gathering to go to one up in Arkansas. I'd bet if you moved up there, there would be plenty of folks around there to take you to their favorite fishing holes. Good luck to you.