Help! Members needed--Now!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by splitshot, Mar 31, 2007.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I cant believe with all the members that we have on the BOC that only 41 have signed up for the BOC 2007 spring fish off. What are you waiting for guys and gals?? win or loose this is gunna be a blast. Its a win win situation, if it gets you out fishing more often--then your a winner:smile2: Were down to the wire--sign up today!!!!

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=587683&postcount=1

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Don't beg Steve. They all talk about fishin but they don't walk the walk. LOL! Besides its a whoppin $6 to enter. LOL!

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Now BG it may be only 6 beans to get in but not everyone including myself that like to fish for competition. I personally feel that for me to fish for money takes some of the fun out of it thats just me tho. I would rather get skunked everytime I go out and fish with my family then worry about if Im going to get the one that will fill my pockets with gold :lol: . Im not saying this to be mean or anything just to give you another way to see it. Also when I am fishing with family my 5 year old takes up alot of my time just trying to get him to keep what was casted out in the water :lol:

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I personally didn't enter this to win money, i entered because its a chance to get to know my Brothers and Sisters a little better, and to have some fun. I guess its all about perception!! Living where i live and only having channels to fish for and no boat my chances of catching a Hog are pretty slim. Its really not about winning folks, its about doing what you like to do and sharing with your Brothers and Sisters. The only way i can fish with any of you is through this computer--- and ya know what ill take any oppertunity i get to share with you, and ya know why,-- cause your family. This contest shouldnt stop anyone from taking there family fishing, thats what this is all about---Family!!!!

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Steve I would love to but what money is so tight and the heck I dont have a clue where to consistently fisnd fish let alone big ones. I am trying some new spots out in the next couple weeks. But Next year it is ON!

6. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Where do i find the rules ....sounds fun.

7. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    $6 is a 12 pack of beer. if you cannot give up one 12 pack to fish more times are really bad. you do not have to catch but one fish 5# to help a team. if you try and don't catch a 5# fish you can still be on a team. of course there is no I in team and that could be a problem for some.

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    No worries Terry i understand your situation------------- Your Scairt!! Just kidding Brother.

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
  10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Steve I didnt mean for it to sound that way, I know we dont really get into it to make money but for me that is how it would feel. I would meet brothers and have a good time but I would feel pressure to catch something especially if its a team effort (I honestly dont know if it is or not). Thats just my take tho. Oh and I wanted to give BG a hard time again :lol:

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Gary i understand what your saying, i guess we just see things differently. Teamwork is important, but i think your putting to much emphasis on winning. I just don't get the pressure part? If you play the game, just do the best you can that's all anyone expects. Some of us can fish seven days a week and some cant, we are all individuals with different schedules
    and other priorities. For all i know i may only be able to fish once a week, but ill do the best i can and im sure ill have a good time without feeling pressured.:big_smile: When you try to give Big George a hard time, you do so at your own risk!!!!!:lol:

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    To me, there is no pressure!!! If I catch a big one, so be it!! If I don't.... well that's OK too!!! It is all about getting to know your teamates better through it all, thus enhancing the BOC experience. There is no shame in not winning as long as you tried!!! Everyone who enters is a winner in my book!!!

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've been instrumental in helping two, yes (2), teams lose... I've heard it said that the 3rd times the charm... my milk money has been sent...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    No matter how I drop an egg it always seems to to land on someone's head.

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Steve,
    you know I'd be in this one if I could.I hope to get in on the next one though.I'll be making up for a lot of lost time! :lol:

Good Luck in this thing! I hope your team takes it!

15. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Now thats the spirit Jeb, this could be your year!!!!!

16. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thanks John, i know you would if you could. Just concetrate on getten better Buddy!!!!!

17. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Plus I dont want to be one of the no shows. I had a hard time staying up to date with the survivor series and I could do 90% of the challenges from my chair on the puter. When does the regstration end?

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i entered one, i think the first year i was a member. had 3 on the team. the other 2 talked a good talk. one of them was even a santee fisher, so he said. i just knew i would be dead weight, but i tried.......come to find out, the lil 5lber i caught was the only one posted by our "team":roll_eyes:

my compatriots quietly disappeared:lol:

wanted to try last year but i was bunged up a bit - didn't fish but a couple of times, and that was late in the year. just now got my key back for my river acess. i'll go as much as i can in the next couple of months.

may enter one a little later...it was enjoyable, for sure!

19. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    steve, i love competing as much as the next person,you know that from the survivor competition, and would relish havin enough time to fish regularly, but because of my hectic life, i have very irregular opportunites to go....I would only hinder which ever team I would be on and they would eventually turn against me for not pullin in my fair share. I hope yall forgive me for not gettin in this with ya and i hope yall have a good time with it and best of luck to all of you.

20. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Its all about having fun. If you like to fish and enjoy a little friendly competition then jump on in. Heck, my 8 year old boy loves to fish with me and if were out fishing and i catch one that will help my team my son will be glad to take the pic and see it posted in the fish off. And if he catches some we can post it together in general conversation. Yep the pressure sure is getting to use.lol. What did you say? FISH ON!!!:lol: