Help me spend my B@sspro gift card!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by derbycitycatman, Sep 27, 2007.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ok Ive got at least 100 maybe 150$ gift card if theyll return some items I bought there but I dont have all the receipts. Theyve done it before so Im counting on 150. I think I need some heavier catting equipment and possibly some hunting hats.

I have a 7' reg ugly stick with a 6500, the 11' catmaxx with a shimano calcutta 4oo that I use for bobber fishing. A 6'6" regular ugly stik with a smaller baitcast reel for ponds, and a 8' 2 piece nothing fancy casting rod I think I may put a zebco on. I have 2 abu 6500's left to maybe find a pole for unless I put one on the 8' 2 piecer, but the 8'footer isnt anything heavy or fancy so I plan on putting a zebco on for others to fish with.

Im thinking about a Ugly Stik Tiger casting rod(60$)which Im almost definite on getting, and may eventually put a Penn 220 on it. Another 10-11' 2 piece catmaxx rod(60) or a 2 piece 10-11' big water ugly stik(70-75) but Ive been hearing some not so good things about them. There was also a 9.5' 2 piece Shimano Contendre casting rod for 30 I was looking at but it wasnt too sturdy.

Ive got about 30-40$ worth of hunting stuff I plan on getting, like a gore tex hat with ear flaps, a regular camo hat, a hat and face mask combo and most likely the Tiger rod. That puts me hopefully with 50$ left to spend. Is there any thing on here or something else you guys would recommend to complete my arsenal. Mainly poles to put an abu 6500 on. I dont mind spending and extra 20 while Im there if its for some quality gear. Dont think I need any new reels at the moment but the Penn will likely be around Christmas time.

2. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Brian;
    I can't help you much on the Bait Casting recommendations because I use Ocean Sized Spinning equipment but I also own several of the Shakespeare Big Water Rods. I have an 8' heavy duty, a 10' med Hvy duty a backup 8' Hvy duty and a 15' Med Hvy.
    I am planning on getting the 12' Hvy Duty and truthfully, I feel that the Shakespeare Big Water Rods are the Best Bang for the Buck! :big_smile:
    I own a $400 custom rod and if I was to tie into a 125#+ Blue and it was on one of my Shakespeare Rods I figure the rod will do it's part and more if the fool on the reel {ME} does not sc*ew it up too much on his end! :wink:
    I know it's not much help but maybe you can get a little help out of it. If I can ever be of further assistance to you please don't hesitate to contact me and I will gladly do what I can to help you out.
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Msg]]]]]

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Brian I could PM you my address and I can take care of that problem for you :big_smile::tounge_out:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Daggone! Thats what I was gonna say! LOL!!!

5. catBob

catBob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    pick your self up a couple 12foot rods

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Whatever you do DO NOT listen to RYANG and CFJ.They will simply induge themselves at your expense.I, however will purchase equipment that you recommend,thoroughly field test it and render well written reports as to how it functioned.I will maintain it in first class order,and if you wish video all the trips so you can bask in the wisdom of your choices without having to endure the miserable weather and rough water conditions.PLUS I WILL pay postage to have the card delivered to me.Notice neither of those 2 cheapskates made any offer to do so ,because they were overcome by their greed.Your friend Jim:smile2::eek:oooh::roll_eyes::wink:Once a SQUID always a SQUID!!!!!!

7. BRSUPERSTAR

BRSUPERSTAR New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I am kinda new to catfishing. I could use a new rod and reel combo.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Brian - Sounds like the $150 isn't going to last long with the list you have there! :wink::smile2:

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    To all those wanting my card leave your addy and Ill send ya something "special" in the mail. It will probably resemble stink bait.
    Just kidding on both counts. :smile2: I decided on the MH Ugly Stik Tiger casting rod, feels awesome and cant wait to use it. Spent the rest on some hunting stuff and gifts.

10. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Do what I did bought a bank sinker mold and haven't had to buy a weight except a few splitshots in years.Amazing how long 20 pds of lead will last ya.

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

Heres a tip for buying from BPS. Go online and look up the items and they are usually cheaper, print out the page and show them and ask for the discount. I saved $70.00 on a salt water rod just because they changed the part number and color for a a new year.