Help me solve this riddle....

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by KAW RIVER KILLER, Jul 9, 2009.

1. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    I found a really nice bait hole, it's full of creek chub, green sunfish and bullheads. Problem is, I can catch the bullheads. I've tried verious different baits (worms, liver and Berkly crappie nuggets) but the darn sunfish and chubs hit everything before the bullheads and get to it. I'm prohibited from using a trap in these waters, has to be hook and line. Any idea how to get these bullheads? The only thing I can think of is to chum the sunfish and chubs away with crackers or something and the try for the bullheads.

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    try catching a perch and cutting it up into pieces to big for the perch and chubs.if the chubs and perch big enough to get the cut bait use em they good as bull heads if used alive.

3. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    That's what I ment to say:big_smile:

Thanks for the idea Johnnie! I'll try it tonight.

4. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Crawfish or cut bait. Still might catch the sunfish on either one, but probably not like the others.

5. sbirnel

sbirnel Member

State:
    TX
    try a good size piece of bacon fat. its tough, and stays on a hook good. the other fish will peck at it, but a bullhead will swallow it. I have heard you can just tie it on the line, and not even use a hook...because they will swallow it.
    havent tried the no hook trick, but I hear it works. definitely will work with a hook.

6. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Have you thought about using stink bait? I'm not much of a stink bait user, but the times I have, I've never caught anything but bullheads or catfish.
    If legal, I'd hold on to some of those chubs. Live or cut bait, they rank right up there as great cat baits.
    Rat