help me out guys

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by skipjack1984, May 20, 2009.

1. skipjack1984

skipjack1984 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    i have been fishin my butt off every friday and saturday night all night long after work pulling long long hours and havent had a good night yet been doing this since february most nights being one or two tiny fish or a bunch of junk fish. my best fish this year has been a 12lb flathead at the culverts in palmyra. fishing mostly at the steam plant. i've gotten so discouraged i sold my boat. back on the bank now this weekend i think im going to convert to daytime fishing anyone have any tips for fishing cross creeks thats where i'll be saturday afternoon maybe things will change soon

2. 8up

8up New Member

State:
    TN
    I may put in at north cross creeks saturday myself, Water levels are back to almost normal so hopefully with less water in will concentrate the fish a little more.

3. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I am sorry you sold your boat. I have been doing pretty good last few weeks. I fish from sun up to about noon, after that it gets slow till the sun starts back down. Just got to find the fish.. For me my best luck is from a boat in the lock C area. Also I fish about 1-3 miles down stream from the steam plant and just look for downed trees in the water or use sonar to find holes in the bottom. Just takes time.

4. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Also bait is a big one, for me I find that cuting the gut sack out works best. Just leave alittle meat around the guts, put the hook in at the top some smaller fish cant get the guts out of it. Most fish I get on that are 5-15 lbs. Skipjack steaks catch the larger fish but gets less hits.