Help me !!!!!! lol

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by catfishken, Jun 22, 2009.

1. catfishken

catfishken Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    ok so i was given this boat motor and in the process of changing all the fuel lines and such i snapped one of the nipples off the fuel pump now the bigger problem i have no idea what year or model this motor is . it is an old johnson 40 hp all it says on the cover is seahorse can anyone tell me where to look for the year or model on this thing thank you in advance for all help

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Should be on the shaft just below the lower cowling..

3. catfishken

catfishken Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    now i am gunna sound real dumb what is the lower cowling i have no clue about boat motors

4. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Had the same problem once.I just ran the fuel line to the fuel pump and put a hose clamp on it I would leave the hose on the motor and take the tank out.

5. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    Its like the casing that goes over your motor..The top cowling comes off to expose your motor..Its the hood of your motor in laments terms..

6. catfishken

catfishken Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    thats one of the problems the nipple broke off i only have bout 1/4 inch left of it would expoxying the fuel line to it work or no?

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    There is a welch plug ( An aluminum plug) in your block to the upper rear of the engine. It's got the model number stamped on it.

8. catfishken

catfishken Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    would it be J2626901? if it is can anyone tell me the year and model if that is the serial number

9. catfishken

catfishken Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    does anyone know??

10. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    That doesn't sound right..Mine is e40eere..Its gonna be something like that..

11. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    is that the only number you could find? it looks like a serial number, not a model number.

12. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Here is a fix for ya...You got 1/4" of tubing left..You can do 1 of 2 things
    Install a smaller tubing inside of the one sticking out...or a larger one over the top.....
    What you will want to do is sand both with 80 grit , install and use
    JB WELD--- not JB Qiuck..smear it all around the joint use a stick or whatever just leave enough room to install your rubber line.

.I have fixed many Q jets and some holley's and motorcraft 2v carbs with this...I will tell you it will hold forever,,,I have fixed holes in the bottom of fuel tanks with this also.

Try to find a piece of tubing that is a tight fit,, this will make it bullet proof...And dont be so tough popeye:big_smile:

13. catfishken

catfishken Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    yes that is the only number i seen