help me fix my sons zebco 808 magnum

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by snakeman76, Aug 17, 2009.

1. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    my son zebco 808 had something loose inside the reel I took it apart found the piece and located it on blueprint I found on the web its the anti-reverse switch spring but I have no idea how to put it back.Your help is much apreciated

2. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Fastest way to do it.

Attached Files:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Greg do you have a local reel repair shop in your area? It would only take a second and probably would not cost anything. Especially if you took the boy with you.

4. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I think I am going to contact zebco see if they will let me ship it to them pendinding on there charges

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Buy another one and take it apart! Then you will have two to send in to ZEBCO lol No,you will have a back up reel for when the big one steals your son's unit because he wasn't watching after you told him a hundred times...:wink:

6. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    I have an 808 magnum, is there something I can look at or take a picture of for you that might help?

7. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    But Zebcos are not made to be repaired. I've got a Daiwa Silvercast 120A that I just love. And I can get it repaired or fix it myself if need be.

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Dont listen to that rubish . A zebco can be repaired . I do not use them myself anymore but have used them in the past . I have an 808 out in the garage that has been in there awhile . I can take a few pictures if needed to try helping you out .