Help me find that handgun....

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by Human Resources 31, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Human Resources 31

Human Resources 31 New Member

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    I am looking for home protection high capacity mag like 15 in clip plus one in chamber..something not to expensive to shoot I was thinking taurus 9mm or 40cal anyone have any ideas...

2. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    My friend has a Ruger 9mm with two 30 round clips. Looks like an uzi:smile2:
    They're aftermarket clips, but whatever you pick I'm sure you can find a clip to fit your wants.

3. Human Resources 31

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    I was thinking glock but there expensive.

4. Human Resources 31

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    what about the XD springfields? 9mm

5. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I bought a G23 for $400 and it was a one-owner 6 mo. old gun. They're 13+1

6. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The Springfield XD in 9mm 40 or 45, depending on how big you want to go. If your lady is also going to shoot it 9mm would be my choice. The S&W MP series is also good, and I think a little cheaper than the Springfield. I prefer both of them to the Glock, but I own and shoot a Glock a lot. My $.02

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i like the glock and springfield xd but they can be pricey.ruger wouldnt be a bad choice at all,id look into a few of those.

8. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I would tell you a Walther P99, 9mm or .40 , but, they're about 650 new. fine handgun though, just ask .007

9. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I use a Ruger P89 DC in 9MM. I carried it on duty and now use it for home defense. 15+1 I shoot a 148 gr. scalloped hollow point hand load now. It is a heavy pistol but that helps with the recoil.

10. sscprather

sscprather New Member

State:
    tennessee
  11. sscprather

sscprather New Member

State:
    tennessee
  12. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    there are so many good ones out there that do the same thing i myself have a glock 23 in 40 cal with doubletap Golddots in it 13+1 when i go out of town i put the 9mm conversion barrel in it for my wife 15+1..one peice of advice i will give u is everyone has there two cents there are alot of close minded gun snobs out there and at the gun shops that will tell u that this sucks and that is good but to some extent you should not listen to them the best thing to do is shoot them your self and see what feels the best if you cant hit the target then what ever you have sucks. i pesonaly like just about every gun if it goes boom everytime i like it....just dont listen to the gun snobs and dont buy a high point they really do suck bad really bad

13. jarhead

jarhead New Member

State:
    ohio
    there are lots of good guns out there i personaly like glocks and refuse to give them up but i think as long as u stick with name brands and the biggest caliber u are willing to use and find good ammo for it u cant go to wrong

14. Human Resources 31

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    what about the sub compact 3 inch 9 mm or 45 xd? I heard it was a awesome gun good reviews and a 17 round clip if you prefer

15. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    ive got an XD in a 45 and it is one of the best handguns ive owned to date.... it's a hair to big for carrying in the summer, but its a great over all gun....

for home defense you need to get you a pump shotgun, you can get the extended tube and a short barrel.. teach the wife and kids how it works and they cant miss with it...also if there is a fouled shell you can just wrench a new one and your ready to fire...JMHO...they say that more people that hear the distinct click clack of a shotgun will run than stick around...that creates the most ideal situation, where they run away and are never seen, ideal because it is the safest...if i could have it my way i would just as well see them gut shot and left to bleed out slowly...

16. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    My dad shoots a Ruger 9mm. My handguns of choice are a HK (Heckler & Koch) or a Glock. If I was going to buy one at the moment, it would definately be a Glock 40. You can find 40 rounds easier than anything else or atleast thats the way it is around here. I got something pretty Nasty if you're interested. I got a MPA Mac 10 that shoots .45. It has x3 32 round clips and 2 different barrells, but I'm going to have $650 for it. Perfectly Legal, Semi auto-matic

17. Ran2more

Ran2more New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Taurus isn't a bad pistol, 9mm would be fine with the right bullets. For home defense don't forget the good ol scattergun! 20 gauge would be fine for the lady and there is a variety of loads you could use in it.

18. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I have a Ruger KP94 in .40 S&W. It's like a friggin' brick. Shoots "okay", but very heavy.

19. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i bought me an xdm 40 it came with 2 high cap mags and i bought my wife the xd 9mm it had a high cap mag as well. u need to find a gun broker i give 1300 for both but u get what u pay for.they are bad.the M stands for match grade barrel meanin u can take it out of the box and shoot tourneys with it.

20. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I would recomend the ruger p95 9x19 I got mine new for $359 tax and background check included, and it doesnt matter what you shoot in it. I have shot federral, winchester, pmp, and remington ammo through it without any problems.