Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a steal on a 14' with trailer and a 10hp B100 Honda Motor to use for skinny waters. The serial stamped on the side says B100-1201300. The pre-1997 motors seem to be difficult to determine but from one image I saw online it may be a 1980 model although the serial doesn't seem to fit that number range. It does say Made in Japan on the tag. The motor hadn't been ran for over a decade and looks brand new under the cowl and is pretty much immaculate. I got it running fine but need to replace fuel lines(ordered) and impeller to be safe and try to get a spare drive belt and other spare parts before they become obsolete(may already be). Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Can't help determine the year mod. of your Honda but would suggest a Honda watercraft dealer may be the best source of identification. If they (Honda) are like Yamaha the folks that have "motorsports" dealerships won't be of much help on marine questions. I got mine identified at a dealership by phone. Good Luck

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,310 Posts
This might be a little help
Font Material property Number Screenshot Pattern

although it seems your number is not in the sequence.

…W

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Check the plug wires, if they’re original it should have the year of manufacture stamped/printed on it
Now there is something I have never heard before. Hope it works out. I will stick this in my memory bank if I can find room.

Keep us posted ATV.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Interesting info on the plug wire ID, I too was not aware. There was a time when U.S. auto makers cast the year model into the tail lamp and front turn signal lenses.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
would be nice to have the original paperwork
I presume that obviously is not available

in Texas boat motors have titles

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I have busy as a cat chasing it's tail but finally looked at the plug wires a few days ago and it says "197x" on them with the last number rubbed off lol. I'm thinking a 1978 or 79. I haven't called a dealer yet to see if they will help. I did go ahead and change all the fluids, plugs, and fuel lines last weekend and greased it all up. I found a retailer online my serial # matched their parts so I ordered a new impeller. The belt along with many other parts are also available but I didn't order yet. Got the BMV work done today so I may launch it for a test soon. Right now getting ready to head to our camp on the lower White where we have a boat in water already. Thanks for everyone's help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts