Help me decide,

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by fisherdude14, Jul 26, 2007.

1. fisherdude14

fisherdude14 New Member

State:
    illinois
    got my allowance money today and got 60 bucks,some of u guys no i have been thinking about the ugly stick catfish rod,but o im thinking about the uglystick tiger rod,which 1 is better,plz dont ignore cause im about to go fishin in 4 days and will buy the rod that i decided at dicks sporting goods or bass pro shops since there close to were ill be fishing,and ill make sure to tell u guys bout wat i caught on my new rod,so plz help me decide:smile2:

2. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Honestly unless you are fishing the toughest conditions that warrant the heaviest of gear , the ugly cat will serve you well . From my own exoerience it will handle at least 5-6 ounces ok and i know it will flat out put the screws to most fish in open water(i have never had a need to fish heavy snags) and it has a white blank , for low light situations and all for a price tag that will leave you with almost half your allowance to buy other goodies like say new line or other terminal tackle , or maybe a nice reel from the Bass Pro bargain bin .

3. fisherdude14

fisherdude14 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ya i no,but i would rather spend my money on a rod that wont break were the two peices connect because i live close to were i fish so i usally ride my bike and its a good 1 or 2 miles from my house becuz i have no car becuz im 14 and i wouldnt wanna b riding with a one peice rod,so thats why i want a two peice,but the catfish rods break were the two peices connect from wat i heard,so ya,thanks cathouse