Help me decide where to go monday night...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Tangler, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Tangler

Tangler New Member

State:
    Sugarcreek, Ohi
    Ive been trying but havent got much in the way of bites lately. Skunked last night and tonight. Where do I need to go? I went all the way down to clendenning lake and hit the tuscarawas river last night and then my usual lake last night and nothing. Where are the flats at? I dont want to go all year without one:crazy:!

I am planning on going tomorrow (monday) night and I'm going somewhere different.

Any input? Ive been thinking saltfork or the muskingum river. However, i have never fished either of these and not sure where to go. Any help will be much appreciated and driving distance is not really an object.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    go deep and you will find the flats...fish the deepest holes you can get to.

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Local talk has it that the Flatties are biting somewhat on the Tusc. River, but I doubt you see anything like the one in Jack's avatar there.

Tappan lake is also another possibility. Stop by Cripple Creek Bait and Tackle and talk to Jim. He is a great source of information about the lake and is willing to help. His shop is in an older trailer about 3 miles west of the Tappan Dam on Route 250.

4. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well you can count Tappan out right now, I fished there friday and satureday night both from 6pm to 6 am and not one bite ! Nothing. I talked to Jim at cripple creek and he said there still not bitting much at all. He said they have been catching a channel here and there and they were full of eggs ! Thats messed up its Sept !!! I have to say this is the most I have ever seen tappan this messed up for catfish. I have been fishing tappan for 20+ yrs and never seen it like this. I hope it changes there soon. I have caught some nice channels out at clendening so I'd say the cats are bitting there. Jacks right though the flats are in the deepest spots you can find right now. If your bank fishing I recommend getting a humming bird smart cast fish finder so you can find the deepest spots you can and find some structure. Best of Luck, Matt, AKA DESODE

Oh Have you tried the damn at clendening ? That might be a good place.

5. Tangler

Tangler New Member

State:
    Sugarcreek, Ohi
    Thanks for the responses. I was at clendenning and hit 4 or 5 different spots night before last and i never even got a bite on my fresh cut shad. I did not try the dam though. is it on the east end or the west end? ive only been down there twice so im not familiar with the area. I was just fishing at pulloffs on 799.

6. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    take 800 out of dennison and then you'll come into tippecanoe and when you go through there you'll see it on your left.
    Matt, AKA DESODE

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck catching a monter my friend.

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    If I were in the area there's no doubt I would fish the Muskingum hands down. In my opinion the further south the better. I know driving to the river without having a bankspot can be tricky.I have been there done that. I've had success just driving south on....I think it's SR 46 if i remember right? it's the highway that follows the river most of the way down to marrietta.....and just driving slow and rubbernecking the river. I know I've found a good sandbar to fish last summer doing this just south of the Philo Lock n dam. The only thing is once you find a spot, you gotta figure out how to get to it...usually takes a walk through a soy field or something or other.......good luck.....

9. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    or better yet offer to pay for gas and catch some good bait and i bet someone on here would be more then happy to take ya out...I know I would

10. Tangler

Tangler New Member

State:
    Sugarcreek, Ohi
    define good bait :roll_eyes:

11. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    big lively river bluegill, sucker fish, small carp, maybe a couple little bass....etc...