Help Making Dough Bait!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Blade4130, May 27, 2009.

1. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Hey guys, I need a little info. For fun I am making my occasional carp fishing trip later this week. This time I want to make my own dough baits with a couple of ingrediants I have in mind. I have read many recepies and such, but nothing good yet for instructions on just making a simple dough bait. Any help would be much appreciated:big_smile:

2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    IMO you cant beat wheaties for dough balls.Just take a big handful and dip it in water and work it till its good and mixed.Stays on hook real well.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Wheaties and strawberry pop makes up a good bait also. Add a little sourgum to it and it will be real sticky.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Check our library for dozens (hundreds?) of recipes.

5. KAYAK CAT KILLER

KAYAK CAT KILLER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wheeties and strawberry pop souds good

6. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Go get you some cinimon rolls at the local day old bread store add alittle water to them and need them into a dough. Carp love them.
    Loop

7. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    My grandfather would make wheaties and vanilla extract and form balls and put on hooks once air dried for a day. It was like a rock and we always caught catfish and large carp with it.

8. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    8oz semolina
    4oz rice flour
    4oz soy flour
    packet of strawberry koolaid
    mix dry ing.

4 eggs beat
    1/2 tsp of vanilla extract or anise extract

mix into dough and roll into balls. boil for 4 min and let dry.
    ziplock bag em and put in fridge

you can also mix some extra koolaid, sugar red food color and vanilla and soak the balls after they are cooked before bagging.

Just made some but have not tried it except for a few min yesterday.
    I had lots of bites but no fish. Going out tomorrow and ill post how they work:wink:

9. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Thanks for the info guys. Ok the wheaties thing. Do I add wheaties in with dough?

10. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    1# of cheap hamburger 2 cups of wheates 2 packs of strawberry kool aid and limburger cheese

11. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Thanks and welcome to the BOC Jimmy:big_smile:

12. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Another cheap bait I use with great results is to find cheap hot dogs and cut up in 1/4" or 1/2" sizes then put in ziplock bag, take a jar of garlic powder (not the salt) and add that to the dogs, then add either red kool-aid or orange kool-aid, to cover the mess. Close bag and shake until mixed well. If powders seem to not be mixing add a little water. The dogs will take the color of the kool-aid and will stain so be careful in the house. Zip up the bag and do not put back in the fridge. The smell is strong and the cats love it at night. I fish it on 2/0 treble hooks with a 2 foot swivel leader with 1 oz of weight if there is no current. Hold on to your pole.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Steve and Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.Good idea.:0a22::0a22::0a25::0a25:

14. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ive always used wheaties and mix it with some corn and use the juice from the can instead of water. They love it.

15. springkitty

springkitty New Member

State:
    Fl
    I dont see the library. Am I just overlooking it or is it under another name?
    Kitty

16. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Go to "Home" in upper left click then to "catfish publications" Its listed there

17. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Well I am all set and made my first ever batch of carp bait:big_smile: I think a nice 40 pound carp will like <lol> or I hope so. I didn't bother with measurments and just went for it and everything came out perfectly. The last thing that I would like to know is. Should I keep it in the frig? or is down in a moderatly cool and comfy basement be ok?