Help!!! im addicted

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by splitshot, Aug 14, 2006.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I have been a member since 7-03-06, and just realized i havent watched the boob tube more than three hrs. in all that time. I get up in the morning make coffee, feed the cat, and im instantly compelled to turn on the puter, and see whats going on in the BOC. If im not working, or fishing, or out with my better half, Im here. I only work three days a week, usually 2pm till 11pm, get home from work, guess what? Thats right im back. My wife doesnt mind she likes reading some of the posts also. If i have something to do around the house, i get-r-done, then im back on. Yup, i think i have a little addiction proplem goining on here.

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    lol, if youre lookin for help on here, i dont think youll find much of it!

3. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Yep, I agree with you, Splitshot, it's real habit forming.

4. Kentucky_Cat_Hunter

Kentucky_Cat_Hunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Every since I became a member I've been addicted. I even read and post quite a bit while not busy at work. Like right now, lol. The other night I decided to get on for a few and read in the library for a few things I'd been wondering about. My fiance said "I'm going to bed" and I said so early? I've only been on here for a few minutes reading. She said honey, you've been on there for 2 hours, lol! Guess I'm addicted too.

5. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I hear you Steve, it's kinda nice and unlike the toobe you can put your 2 cents worth in.

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I am the same way. Sometimes tho addiction can be a good thing!
    Bill

7. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i know where you are coming from bro

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Don't fight it Steve! Its useless to resist! LOL!

9. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    dude i have only been a member for a couple of months and my wife gets all over me for being on hear so much. she say i don't spend enough time with her

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Get her to join up too, Rob. Oh wait, then you would be in competition for the computer, now wouldn't you? I'm glad I don't have to worry about anybody feeling neglected because I'm on the BOC, because I'm sure that he would :big_smile: However, this is the best addiction anybody can have IMO. Steve, I just started posting and participating at the end of May. I think I've seen perhaps a total of three-four hours of TV since then! So you aren't the only one, brother! :lol:

11. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    can't help you either this place is addictive but hey who else is going to listen to our fish stories other than a bother or sister

12. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee

Big says it all. It's ok there are many of us Steve that have the disease we had a name for it at one time. I think it is...COFD... complusive obsessive fishing disorded.

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    :cool2: SAME here I don`t miss the tube at all:cool2:

14. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Hey Rob, tell your wife like mine told me....at least she knows where I'm at and not in some bar drinking. LOL. I totally agree with the rest of you guys. I'm on and off of this site probably 5-6 times a time.

15. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Good job!!!! Me too.

16. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    lol, see i told you that you wouldnt ifnd much in the way of help, lol

17. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I've been needing to say this for some time now:
    My name is Kelli and I'm a BOC-aholic.

My husband(vlparrish) joined a long time ago and it use to drive me nuts. One day i just decided to join to make him mad. Oops, I got addicted!!! We now fight over the computer. When one of us gets out of the chair the other runs over and gets in it and starts chatting. The poor people in the chat room never know which of us they're talking to. I might not have any good information to share, but I am enjoying being on here. I think we need to start a group to wean us off a little. Wait, that won't work---starting a BOC group to cut down on BOC? See how addicted I am!

18. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I think we need to start a chapter of BOC Anonymous. This thing is spreading!

19. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    i helped myself get outta watchin tv allday... i got rid of cable,,, never felt better.

20. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    There are much worse things to be addicted too!
    Lisa