Help Identifying old Fishing Boat(s)

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by okiefish, Jan 10, 2006.

1. okiefish

okiefish New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Hello, can anyone tell me what kind of boat this is?

Attached Files:

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Looks like a 14-16 foot deep vee to me.... Sorry, I'm bored.

It's out of the late 50's early 60's with the wing and all, I'll try to remember, I've seen one like it. Are you asking, like this is a test, or do you really really need to know?

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Can not tell you what company made it but it looks very old!

4. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
  5. okiefish

okiefish New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    no this was not a test, I seriously want to learn what make and year this old boat is.....

6. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Looks alot like a old Monkeyward from the early 60's.
    Loop

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Looks like from the lines on it that favors a mid 50 monkey ward which was made I think by glastron back then.
    Just guessing I ain't really that old.

8. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    I had one of those that came with the trailer that I got for free for my first boat. Batman wings and all. I took the trailer to the dump, unhooked the safety straps and hit the gas !!!! the boat flew off the trailer and went on our way home to work on the trailer. That was one nice trailer. They sure don't make boat trailers like they use to.

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I was going to say Glastron but if you can find the ID numer on a plate somewhere I believe the Coast Guard has a button on their website where you can enter the number and find out the basic info about the boat.That style was common in the 60s around Austin Texas on town lake and Travis etc.

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That fiberclassics link should help a bunch. I've got an old Elgin (Sears) boat from the late '60s. That fiberclassics site is where I found out the age and who the manufacturer was. You may have to spend some time on google, but I'm with the other guys, it was probably manufactured by a jobber and private labelled for Ward's or Sears. If you start googling the manufacturers on the fiberclassics site, you'll probably find it. Good luck!

Branden