Help I think I have lost my mind...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ShilohRed, Sep 22, 2007.

keep or sell and buy one boat?

1. Keep the boats I have now?

2. Sell one of these and keep the other?

3. Or sell both and buy a 1860 boat about like on 12 degree hull or better with tiller handle. .

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have 2 war-Eagle boats
    Boat number on is a 03 2072-LDSV with a full flooring and sides inclosed vynual flooring 6ft gun/rod box 3 seat bases front deck and 3 on the back deck.24 volt MN trolling motor. loaded and a 2005 Suzuki 140 4-Stroke. low hours on motor Gets better then 8 MPG.

Then a 175 LDV duck boat, has the 2 pod seats at the back not a full seat across. 6ft gun box factory floor low front deck. 2000 Yamaha 25 hp 4-stroke low hours on it also.

Now here is where I have lost my mind.. I keep thinking about getting rod of both boats and getting a 18ft long 5ft wide in the floor with a tiller motor on it. That way one boat would take care of all my fishing needs. Just a thought what would you do if it were you?
    Now remember you have bouble the expence every year on insurance and resturing them and bouble trailer tires and batterys lots of upkeep with both boats.
    Now to keep what I have? Or sell both and get one boat that would do it all?
    Pete

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Consolodate your needs into one vessel ya will be happy with. By the sounds of it ya should have no problem sellin the 2. Now get movein! LOL!

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Pete Now you know I like both of those boats but only you can make up your mind on this and only your wife can authorize it. :smile2:

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    George don't let him fool you. He is waiting for his wifes permission.:tounge_out:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Ya gotta let him show his muscles now and then. LOL!

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    That is what I was thinking also. One of them sits way to much now. So its just not right.

Bubba I would not be at this stage if I was not ready..

Shoot Marilyn thinks if I think its a good ideal its a good one.. :tounge_out:

Yes that is it. LOL
    George I just hate to see a boat sit around not be used. I think the Yamaha has about 110 hours on it. And the Suzuki has under 100 hours on it. And I service both of them on time.
    Well on my time.:big_smile:
    Pete

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    My point exactly. I'm positive without ever seein them that they have been well taken care of and will move quickly for a fair price. Hell. Throw in a half mile of that clear tubein ya turned me on to and I may be interested. LOL!

8. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Sell them and consolodate. Also keep in mind what your close fishing partners have when making your selection. I had three boats to keep up. 14' jon boat w/25 hp , 15.9' happy traveler w/70 hp force, and an 18' bassbuggy pontoon. Sold the jon and the pontoon kept the happy traveler. My brother has a 25' pontoon I can use if I need it, and my dad has a 14' jon if I need it. And a close friend has a bass tracker if I need it. I kept what I could bargian with these guys with.

9. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Pete,

It sounds like you already know what you should do my friend..Go for it..lol

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I agree with you on the mind thing.You acquire boats.You do not sell them.I had 9 boats,7 outboards and 3 trolling motors until I got sick.One for each type of fishing.I miss them.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I say sell one and keep the other.

12. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Hey Pete, I got a great looking bass boat I would swap you.LOL:big_smile_2: Naw, on second thought...

13. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    George now that could happen. LOL You know that tubing works so much better than beads it not even funny. lOL

Yes guys I like both boat's. But why have more then one boat. At one time I had 8 or 9 boats. And its just a pain in the butt..
    Now I have gotten down to 4. Still have a 10ft john boat and a glass canoe.
    Those 2 I do not use much. The 10ft john is for crappie fishing the little back waters that just can't' use a big boat in.

When I first bought the 20ft war-eagle i had made my mind up on a 1860 or 1972 Tiller boat. Add 3 base plates on the front deck, Then 2 in the middle of the floor spaces out equal distance then 4 2 on each side of the boat for others to sit in. And turn around and fish out of .
    Then my seat in the back of the boat. Wide open space to walk and fight a fish in.
    Now if controlled drift fishing, That I do 55% of the time. I would have the three base plates on the front deck.
    Then 25% of the time I fish out of the back of the boat. Running the big motor and drifting back slow to fish. This way is killer on fish, When theres plenty of current. Or add a trolling plate and even fish slower current. You can when meat hunting for fish fry catch 300 + LBs of eating size fish doing this.
    Now the rest is anchor fishing and the the back of the boat is wide open, Just kick back in 2 of the side pestle seats and prop your feet up. and you have comfort.

Now as for at tiller motor. You can control the boat so much better then a console boat. Ever wonder why Walleye fisherman use the big tiller boats? control is the reason.
    Also I crappie fish and with a tiller boat I can pull planner boards and theres nothing in the way.
    It will take a lot or work to just set up the boat like I would have it. And time. But Its one of those deals.
    Now after fishing out of both boats for a few years. I am to that point that there OK. but not the boat to fix my needs. Do I need this new boat? Well hello No. LOL But would it make life better while fishing? Yes I think it would for sure.
    Would someone or for that matter get 2 great boats used? Yes they would. Will I jump into this deal? No I never do that anymore. Now days I research and design and then do more research.
    I know in my head the boat I won't just wish I was one of those people that can draw stiff out .
    Well there is where I am now. and will be thinking on this for a lot more weeks or months. May be spring time by the time I start.
    Pete

14. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Pete, I voted for option C sell both boats. Heck, I've got $10 I'll give ya for either one of them!

see, I'm loosing my mind too!

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Shoot you don't even get to see one of them for $10.
    Pete

16. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I got a question for ya since I don't duck hunt. I know 16 and 17 footers are the usual "standard" for duck boats but why? I know duck boats are laid out differently with no console with lots of open room, but a 20 footers sure has a lot of room in it also. The only thing I could think is the smaller 17 footer is easier to control in smaller area's but shouldn't be that big of a deal. I doubt the 17 footer draft's much more shallow than a 20 footer. I personally like having my tilt trim motor and console and think it would be used more than the tiller in most cases. I'd keep the 20 footer sell the other and pocket the rest.

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    OK I don't' duck hunt only fish. But as for your question the ones that do duck hunt use the smaller boats as they may have to drag the boat by hand some. Your not going to drag the 20ft with a 140 Suzuki on it through the mud and grass. AS for draft the 20ft will sit in less water with the same weigh as the bottom of the hull on both are 12 degree. But theres 18" more bottom on the 20 ft boat. Also theres about as many duck boats out there with a console then not. But the smaller boat is built in mind with a mud motor. AS it has the side seats in the back. Open in the middle.
    Now theres tilt and trim on both boats.
    The way I fish I need a tiller boat for part of it. and that is one reason for a tiller boat. Other is the open space of not having a console in the way.
    That is why they make so many different boats as everyone like a different boat.

Pete