help i need

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by poisonpits, Mar 3, 2008.

1. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    heres the deal guys and girls my friend cassk just bought a pontoon boat and her motor has large chunk missing of one her prop blades.i need a prop for a 1980 merc.motor can be either stainless or alum.would like to make a trade for it if possible.pm me or post on thread ill get back with you.

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Johnnie ya better post what horsepower that motor is so we know what to look for and the pitch of the old prop too:big_smile:

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You can take it down to a local prop repair shop and they can rebuild it "good as new" for alot less than a new one, assuming that it's an aluminum prop. I've had several props redone over the years and can't tell the difference between it and a new one. I had one that all three blades got knocked off down to a half inch left on the hub! They can also change the pitch if you like. I'd go that route.

4. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    my bad.i had a blond moment.the merc.is a fifty horse

5. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Man..ya just missed my old one by a hair of your chinny chin chin:eek:oooh::crazy::smile2: It was gone last week:sad2:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'll keep my eyes open johnny.

7. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    :0a17:

Thank you Johnnie, hope we get some help here so we don't have to paddle any more. :wink:

8. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    johnnie I think I can get a hold of a prop that came off an old 85 horse motor think that will be too big.???:confused2:

9. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    depending on what pitch it should work fine kevin.soon as weather permits ill come get it if i can afford it.what did you have in mind for a trade.

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    That prop will need to be in the 15 pitch johnnie for that toon. Iffen you go any bigger you will work that little fifty to death.

11. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    johnnie, i got a man down here that has alot of spare boat parts,i'll check with him tomorrow and a few others....robert

12. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Heck johnnie you already go me hitched up with a big fishin trip. Besides I hope we don't damge it getting it out of the big oak tree :eek:oooh::smile2:

13. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sounds like a winner to me kev.i just hope it works and is bout a 10 or 11 pitch

14. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Johnnie- will look around for ya. I have a 40 horse merc and a 115 horse merc. for parts, but neither have a prop. Wish i could help more!!!