Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the deal guys and girls my friend cassk just bought a pontoon boat and her motor has large chunk missing of one her prop blades.i need a prop for a 1980 merc.motor can be either stainless or alum.would like to make a trade for it if possible.pm me or post on thread ill get back with you.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,564 Posts
heres the deal guys and girls my friend cassk just bought a pontoon boat and her motor has large chunk missing of one her prop blades.i need a prop for a 1980 merc.motor can be either stainless or alum.would like to make a trade for it if possible.pm me or post on thread ill get back with you.
Johnnie ya better post what horsepower that motor is so we know what to look for and the pitch of the old prop too:big_smile:

·
Registered
950 Posts
You can take it down to a local prop repair shop and they can rebuild it "good as new" for alot less than a new one, assuming that it's an aluminum prop. I've had several props redone over the years and can't tell the difference between it and a new one. I had one that all three blades got knocked off down to a half inch left on the hub! They can also change the pitch if you like. I'd go that route.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
depending on what pitch it should work fine kevin.soon as weather permits ill come get it if i can afford it.what did you have in mind for a trade.

·
Registered
663 Posts
johnnie, i got a man down here that has alot of spare boat parts,i'll check with him tomorrow and a few others....robert

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.