Help.Having no luck at New Johnsonville.

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by catstalker3908, Jun 21, 2008.

1. catstalker3908

catstalker3908 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We went to the Tn river at New Johnsonville the other day and had no luck. We fished shallow,deep everywhere. Used chicken livers,crawlers,minnows, and even tried stink bait. We went to Cumberland yesterday and caught a couple of Blues on cut bait but that was it. Has any body got any ideas where the cats are on the Tennessee around New Johnsonville or Danville? Any help would be"GREATLY" appreciated. Thanks Mike.

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Mike, welcome aboard buddy, we are happy to have you with us. I wish I could help you out but we are on the other end of Tennessee. Someone will be along here soon and give you some pointers, I am sure.

3. catstalker3908

catstalker3908 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks anyway Jim,but it is good to be welcomed!

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have done the same tried it all and haven't done well. I think we have another week or so before it gets better.

5. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have found 3 or 4 good honey holes from J ville ,down stream to reynoldsburg island (where channel splits ,don't fish the main river channel ,fish the old channel on the east side of the green poles go to shallow water on the east old banks of the river, water goes from 38' to 6' almost instantly. fish those drops and there are also some old springs out in about 34 "of water If you are lucky enought to find these spring holes then look out ,two at time 3 to 4 lbs. the other is around the old bridge at old J ville. also just up stream from TVA and before the hwy 70 bridge, One other is the power lines just up steam from the hwy 70 bridge. That's enough for now, I am going in the morning ,let you know how we do