Help give me your thoughts

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Jan 29, 2010.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Wel l as a lot of you know I deliver lumber during the day and steak out at night well last night I was told about a job as a corrections officer It would pay about 75cents an hour less then my day job but it is about 15 miles closer and get more hours I am triing to figure out if I would be able to do that type of a job or not cause I have been driving a truck for about 18 years what do you all think about a change like that

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Lots of things to consider. Will be inside work probably. Closer to home with more money in the long run. Probably good job security with the way things are. Benifits and retirement plans to consider. Good luck in your choice. Keep us posted.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    A guy I used to work with quit and hired on as a guard not far from here,He has to drive 90 miles to work,but his shift is 4 days on/4 days off,I think. I just don't have the makeup to deal with it myself. I do know that the inmates will try to"get in your head" as some dont have anything to live for. The money is good,but do you really want to be around thugs all day,even though they are seperated from you??

4. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    that whould be a hard one. really if its that much less but closer money wise in my shoes id take it. but then to consider who ur gonna be around, dope heads, thugs. etc etc. being a driver allows some freedom but there prob. gonna be stuck inside all day. hard dec. for sure. good luck with whichever u choose.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    What ya wanna do is get ahold of "ZEBOMAN". Hes a corrections officer. I'm sure he can give ya the low down.

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Thanks for all the support and thoughts Big G Iwill get in touch with him cause I sure don't know what to do

7. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    Richard, I will give you the same advice I gave my husband once. Do what makes you happy however, consider this. With the economy such as it is and you change jobs. IF things do not improve or worse yet take another bad turn. You were the last one hired...so you will be the first one fired. Then where will that leave you. I don't know much about your situation so this may or may not fit...but just my thoughts. Wish you well on whatever you decide!

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I will probley not change cause I am not real sure if my temperment would allow me to ignore some of the junk that would be going on and then I might be in trouble