Help from a texan, please

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by coach, Oct 27, 2007.

1. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    I am about to sell my boat to a fellow in texas............. hell , i can't find the title ......... got every yr's registration and all that , tags for the trailer etc..... i do suppose a title is required to register a boat in texas???? RIGHT ?? THANKS IN ADVANCE ....

2. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas

Coach,

This is Bud aka (budbunny)...lol,

Yes Sir, you have to have a Title to register a Boat in Texas. If you can't find the Title, you need to file for a lost Title. Then it can be signed over to the new owner and the Boat can be registered..

3. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    There is a title on the motor but I do not have any title on my boats. Just the registration. I have three and the last one I purchased was in 2002.

4. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    I looked up the paper work on my boats. I have a title on the motor, likethe one you have on your car or truck. On the boat I have the "State of Texas certificate of mumber for a boat". on the little blue registration card with the registration number it has the number then the word titled on it. That is all I have on any of my boats.

5. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    I am sorry about all the replies. I keep finding more information and going pass the edit time. Here is what is on my State Of Texas certificate of number for a boat, the little card that you get with the numbers. On the paper work that comes with the registration number on the side it has a notice "Notice Texas numbers displayed on the bow of boat should remain with boat when sold. The same number will be transferred to the new owner when application and fee are received by this department" I hope some of the information help. Good luck.

6. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Here's a link to Texas Parks and Wildlife boat title information.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/boat/owner/buying_and_selling/

If the state where it's registered does not require titles on the boat/motor, you'll need the current tag paperwork. This site has printable links for the forms that you need. It also has a phone # to contact for questions. Having just gone thru the lost title applications, the people are very helpful. Hope this gives you some help.

7. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    thanks folks ............................

8. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    they have gotten real horses tail about the title and stuff. i renewed my boat while out of town in north texas. my wife keeps everything in it's place so i had everything with me. while i was in line i saw the lady send at least 3 people back home for titles and if it was expired and you were not the owner, ie husband of, wife of, or son of, you could not take the new registration with you. they would mail it to the person on the title if you wanted to pay and go back home. it was a real circus in there. i learned to renew before i leave home next time.

9. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I have to agree with tufffish, I really worked at getting a motor titled for weeks. I think I'd as soon do my own heart surgery as try to get help from them.

Jim

10. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Now that is what I call teamwork at getting a problem solved. You would have probably done like they said had to spend weeks on the phone and then not got the problem solved, but with the help of your Brothers here looks like you'll have things worked out soon. Good work guys!!

don3778

11. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
  12. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i was @ tpwd one time & this guy came in w/paperwork for a boat from alaska & all he needed was a bill of sale from the original owner & paid the fees & taxes and on his way he went!!!!

13. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i bought my boat from a dead man you think i didnt have a little hellllllll trying to get him to sign title his wife helped. i went to a boat dealer he gave me the papers and pointed me in the wright dirdection that sure helped.i think i will get a bank box teep my title in probably forget where i put it. thanks sam davis