Help for Newburgh dam

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Jroc777, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    Going to the Newburgh dam on Saturday and was wondering if anyone knew of any good spots in this area. Have fished the Ohio a lot but never in this pool. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey i have never fished newburgh, but i just recently did my first bit of fishing below markland dam. and what i found was that if they have only one or two gates open, try to get as close to the wall as u can and be on the outside of the hard current and throw into it with a heavy sinker. thats what i did and caught some dandy blues at markland. and i was i bet within 75 of the wall itself. so thats what i would try if i were going

3. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    ive fished by the newburgh ramp and caught some dandy 10 and 12 lb flatty's ... but never up by the damn ... are east of the dam or west of the dam ... i would follow flootie's advice ... alot of people fish that hole and catch alot of fish

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Beware!!!!

At Newburg dam there is a 150' mark on the wall for a reason! If you are caught past that line by a game warden or water patrol, you will recieve a fairly hefty fine!!! There is one on the lock wall as well Stay Back 150'. I don't think we should be telling people to go beyond those marks because, it is against the law to do so!!!

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Is the fishing picking up around the dams right now?