Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys not looking to get a ton of info but i was planning on fishing the tournement this weekend and have never seen the the cape fear river other than from the hwy! any advice on boat ramps, tecniqes would be great thanks and good luck to all

·
Registered
9 Posts
The water level is kinda low right now you should be fine with your new prop but if you go way up there river pass i think the third bridge there will be rocks going all the way across the river. So that is the stopping point on the river going up you should see what im talking about you will see the ripples in the water and should see the rocks with the water being low.

But if you go down river maybe 4 or 5 miles you will see a big creek on the right that is rock fish creek there is some good fishing in there just be carefull for the sand bar that comes out you will see it on the right infront of the creeks mouth.

·
Registered
406 Posts
hello brother!......just use natural river instinct when it comes to your prop......theres a few hidden obstacles all over the river!......as far as where to fish......anywhere from lake jordan to wilmington!..........the cape fear is full of kats!......baits of choice as most will agree is bream and eel!......flathead like the bream and blues like the eel......and vice versa under t he right circumstances!.........good luck in the tournament!.......there's quiet a few fishing it!.......84+ teames registered by the end of the captains meeting!......i expect to see a few more at blast off!............probably around 120 teams!...........good luck and be safe!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:cowboy:hey guys just wanted to thank all of you for the help had fun the river is much different than what im used to but very nice river ,i will be back and hopefully do a little better next year . we only caught 1- 10 pound blue and a 7 pound gar maybe next time i can meet some of you guys ! my boat is a bass tracker that says flathead fever on the side , thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.