Help Flathunter and Mellon Choose A Fishing Spot & Poll

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Aug 8, 2007.

Who Will Catch The Most

1. Flathunter

2. H2O Mellon

3. Both Get Skunked

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    OKay, Flathunter and I are taking the new boat somewhere this Saturday (8/11/07), we just don't know where. We want to stay within a 3 hour drive of Dayton Ohio, so we're prob talking somewhere on the Ohio River. Keep in mind that Flathunter has never caught a blue cat before. :wink: I know the fishing has been poor between OH and IN, but Flathunter really needs to get out and so do I for that matter. We are not looking for record fish, just Flats and Blue in the 20# range and channels in the 10# range!

Also, while your at it, take the poll and choose who will come out the winner, with the higest total weight caught between the two of us!

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    don't know the area, but assuming you are talking about catching the most FISH, I voted for Jack. However, if you are taking about catching the most flak and or catching the most stuff other than fish, I want to change my vote to you mellon!

Have a great time with the new boat!

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Bryan this is going to your year:wink:To show who really is the king of cat's so don't let us down buddy lol.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have to go with you, Bryan... goodness knows you're due...:smile2:

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Well, with conditions the way they are on the river and, the fact that ya'll don't fish the Ohio River much, combined with ya'lls luck and antics, I said you would both come up empty, LOL!!!

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I voted for total skunkage as well. Not that I want y'all to get skunked. I just don't think you will land anything except maybe a carp.

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Mellon you can do it....Think the eye of the tiger lol You are the Catking!!!!!

8. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ive been catchin blues were the ohio meets the licking with bluegill heads and skipjacks no flatheads thou if u dont know the licking its across from the bengels stadium be prepared thou been get more gar there than anything and some good strippers good luck.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'm not sure who will catch the most but I really look forward to the report! :crazy: :big_smile: :wink: All I can say is "Thank You" to you two! Your humor is very much appreciated by me! :big_smile: :cool2:

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I put skunked as well :big_smile: as a challenge :smile2:

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You all ought to head down to Ironton and launch there. I'm about 5-6 minutes from there. Plenty of flatties down here!

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    In the case of these two it is far better to try and use statistical analysis instead of guess work or polls.Lets see;According to another post, H2O received 3.7 miles of Visious/Vicious fishing line from his wife.She obviously, given Mellons past record, is an eternal optimist(perhaps she ins't because I didn't see any hooks with the line).:smile2::roll_eyes:My memory isnt so good anymore but I believe in his previous incarnation here on the BOC, H2O caught exactly 1.6 fish during all his joint ventures with Jack.Discounting the fact that they have a new boat, which they probably haven't checked out yet,or put the plug in :eek:oooh:fishing isnt to good on the Ohio right now.H2Os best chance would be to take the 3.7 miles of new fishing line and weave it into 370 yds of gill net which would probably result in a catch of .37 fish.The winner would be determined by who actually got to the fish first and held it up for a confirming photo.The odds are far better, 97.0% that the propeller on their engine will wind up entangled in the net,H2O will wind up entangled in the net and go overboard,and incredibly there would be a slight chance (100 gadzillion to 1) that in going overboard Mellon would end up with .38 fish in his shoe or pocket thereby winning the contest.If one goes by past performance however there is 0% chance either will catch a fish,the boat will remain operational or they even find the OHIO river:eek:oooh::crazy::smile2:Have to stop, my calculator is smoking from all this work.It isnt easy to find a calculator that will do Gadzillions:smile2::crazy::eek:oooh:

13. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    99 bottles u beer on th wall 99 bottles u beer.................

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    :eek:oooh: Why dont you two just go back to the $$$lakes like you usually do. LMAO :eek:oooh:

15. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    That was pure cold hearted Matt!!!!:sad2::wink::cool2:EVEN I was reluctant to raise that part of their sordid past.Perhaps nobody will notice!!!:big_smile::wink::roll_eyes:

16. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Cant ya see em now. Running circles around the P-pond in Mellons new boat..!!..:0a22::0a20::0a22:
    Dont forget the 1st aid kit guys.....:eek:oooh:

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

That's Flathunter not me! I hear his new name around Ohio is "Pay Lake Jack". :smile2:

18. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Somehow I picture you two fishing out in the road ditch after a good rain.

19. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Good luck Brian, if you go to the river, there isnt going to be much current if any at all, you will be better off to drift fish..Thats how alot of guys are catching them in these bad conditions.

20. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Ya, What he said, LOL!!!