Help finding Red L.E.D. lens cover?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by dinkbuster1, Jan 8, 2007.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    been wanting a couple flashlights with either Red L.E.D's or a Red cover to stay concieled when i am night fishing in the summer. have a bunch of L.E.D's and figured i could find some Red plastic the same type as the lens covers and just cut them out to fit. problem is i cant seem to locate any RED plastic to do so. any suggestions on where to look?

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Go to Wally World in the automotive department... They have red tape for repairing tail light lenses...

~~~~~~~~~~
    tell your little voices to shut up! I cant hear mine

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    In the Grapics Arts industry they use a material called "Ruby Lith" a red plactic material that you can peel off and it is clear after you peel the red part off... I have used this to put over a flashlight that I use in my darkroom where I teach to see things in the darkroom. Many Printing firms may not use this stuff any more... "I dont know," but you are welcome to some of what I have, Just PM me and I will put some in an envelope and send it off..... I charge the kids about $00.50 for a an 8x10 piece... Do you want a piece for nothing?

bayrunner ray

4. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    A red glass platter. Grandpa used to wave one front of a spotlight out of the back of a pickup. Till he pulled over the wrong car, a cop. What they got away with.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Mike just talk to one of your local law enforcement officers and ask them for one of their old Galls books. They have what is called a map light and it is real small but bright that is red and I carry one on a key cail so that tells you how small they can be had but will fool you how much you can see with them.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I swear ive seen flashlights with the red lenses and a couple other colors at wallmart i think they were led.

7. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Walmart has head lights that clip on the bill of your hat that have a switch on to turn them on either red or white light. They are perfect for fishing cause than your hands are free to do other things. They are LED's and are good and bright.

8. megacat77

megacat77 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Go to Mini-beam.com you can find stores from that site that sell the Minibeam floating flashlights they have white light, green light & red light they are LED very bright and will run about 40 hours on 3 AAA batteries.

Megacat