Help Finding Parts for Old Motor

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by whisker maniac, Mar 18, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I have a 1970 Evinrude 25hp motor that is on a 12' ouchita fiber glass boat.
    The boat is a stick steer and a electric choke was added to the motor. The solenoid and linkage to the electric choke is bad on this motor and needs to be replaced but I have been unable to find this part anywhere. Can someone please direct me in the right direction to find this part.

Thanks,
    Kev

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Kevin, there is a place in OKC that specializes in old Johnson/Evinrude motors. As I understand board policy, I am not allowed to post info here as they are not sponsors of the site. If the get the links to the private messages fixed and you still need assistance, I'll try send you email.

3. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    this of course isnt a 25hp but 387288 is the part #of # 17 if this is the choke sylonoid style you have, pretty common BRP Parts Site
    [​IMG]

4. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    I called him lawrence. He is checking for me was just trying to locate other places that I can find that part from in case he doesn't have it.

5. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Thanks Jeremy,

That is not the same part number that I have for the solenoid that I need. May not be the same one. However you are right in it being pretty common they use the same one in many different models and size of motors.
    Another problem I have is the bracket that the solenoid is mounted to... the ears on the bracket where it screws onto the block is cracked and I need to replace that also and I need the brass linkage from the electric choke to the choke.

6. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    [​IMG]
    I just gave one of these away yesterday,, for free to a guy that bought some carbs

7. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    I have used the throtle linkage from an old lawn mower for making "costom" linkage it is a bit harder than coat hanger wire

8. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    That definatetly is not the same part... thanks anyway.