Help Finding Kahle Hooks??

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by river_rat_42, Sep 11, 2006.

1. river_rat_42

river_rat_42 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have heard some great stuff about these hooks, but I went to my local Bass Pro Shop in Clarksville IN. yesterday, and I could'nt find any kahle hooks big enough for catfishing. So mainly what I would like to know is where, what brand, and how big of kahle hooks do you guys get. I mainly use bluegill, chubs, and... shad or skippies when we can get em' (never:angry: ). So I can't use tiny ones like I found at bass pro, they looked cheap anyway, any river cat would have straightened out those hooks. One other thing, have you ever heard of the shiner hooks that Gamakatsu makes, if so, are they pretty much the same as a kahle hook??? thanks

2. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    Check out Catfish Connection. They will have every size you need. That where I went.

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    The three wal-marts near my home all sell kahles, both in the small packets of 5 or so and in the box of 50. They have the Eagle Claws in sizes from 1/0 to 4/0 most of the time. Bass Pro, despite the fact they sell catfish rods and reels, is not a good place to buy catfish terminal tackle, except maybe on line or catalogue. I use Eagle Claw kahles. Mustad also makes a Kahle hook, but I haven't found them in any size other that a #2 or #4.

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I use the Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp 7/0 in nickel finish.I had to go direct to Eagle Claw to get them but it was worth it.:smile2: The shiner hook you refer to is a Kahle style hook.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I've also been buying all my hooks from catfish connection. I keep the eagle claw nickle plated kahle's from 5/0 through 7/0 and The black king kahle's from 8/0 - 10/0 in the box. The 5/0 and 6/0 sell's for $4.95 for a box of 50 hooks. The 7/0 sell's for $5.00 for a box of 50 hooks. The 8/0 sell's for $12.95 for a box of 50 hooks. The 9/0 sell's for $13.50 for a box of 50 and the 10/0 sell's for $13.95 for a box of 50 hooks.

6. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Cabelas has them in a catfish assortment, comes in a plastic box ten each size 8/0,10/0,12/0 Eagle Claw. 20.00 for 30 hooks total

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I have learned that checking at local bait shops is a great way to find the bigger khale hooks. A place in Claremore called Nabatak carries them up to 10/0 and can order them in just about any size you could want.

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Bass pro normally carries them.I called BP in Savannah.I live 40 miles away.BP said they had them.I go by there on doctor day.They claim that they don;t have them.Look them up on line at the BP site.Call your store with the Item number and the description number.The employees at the Savannah Store did not know that they had them and did not pronounce it right.I E-mailed and called Eagle Claw on the phone.K-Lee or Kay-Lee is Eagle Claw's pronunciation.The BP employees pronounced it "cale".They informed me that I was wrong.If they don;t have them,they can order them for you to pick up at the store,or you can order on line.I found it cheaper to order from and pickup at the store due to shipping.Luck.peewee-williams

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Wierd, I always called them "Cale" and not KayLee..... Seems everyone knew what I was talking about (or atleast nodded knowingly LOL :tounge_out:) .. Wonder which is the correct way?

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I get mine from Catfish Connection but Bass pro here has them also, I use Eagle Claw, King Kahles in 10/0. They are awesome hooks.

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I also called them"Cale" till I E-mailed and called Eagle Claw.If it is not "Kay-Lee" that Lady had a good laugh on me.I wish someone else would check with them and see what they say.peewee-williams ps,I sure got a pretty BOC cap.

12. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    go to wally world man if you have one nere by.

13. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Go to: www.memphisnet.net
    That is the on line site for Memphis Net & Twine Co. They are a commercial fishing supply company.

They are just a few blocks from where I work. I plan to go by and pick up some of their cataloges to take to KY.

They stock the Eagle Claw, Kahle, lazer sharp, bronze finish, plain shank, ringed eye, offest. That's the discription in the cataloge.
    #L141 1/0 through 4/0 is $4.22 per box of 50 ; 5/0 & 6/0 are $4.52 for 50 ; 7/0 is $458 for 50.

Jesse

14. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I usually by my boxes of Kahles at Academy, now in a bunch of states. I pay about $.50 less per box than the above prices. The Bass Pro in the Houston are has nada, zippo, and is as bad if looking for circle hooks, except for the monster ones for offshore fishing. I had an employee, management type, looking all over the store and he couldn't find them.

15. river_rat_42

river_rat_42 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the info guys.