Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Help finding a place to put my camper in Denver/ford/mooresville area help!!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Catgirl 
#1 ·
Ok today I drove from banner elk to fords nc where wilderness camp ground is on highway 150 and put a app in but they couldnt tell me if I can put my camper there. So I went to the other one up the road and they want me to buy a new one to put there and I think I would buy a new boat first lol! So if anyone knows of a place that u can put a camper year around please let me know cause I will stay there untill I find a place to buy and build on! Thanks for yall's help!!!!!!

David Young

#4 ·
You might want to check with Cross Country Campground or WildLife Woods, both are on NC Hwy. 150.
David, I assume the "Ford" you are referring to is Sherrills Ford, NC? I also think the "Wilderness Campground" you spoke of must be Wildlife Woods.

I did some research on this subject for you, and the two campgrounds LakeNormanBlues has mentioned here are the only ones that are still in business, I do believe. Holiday Land Marina and Campground and also Drum's Family Camp have closed, permanently as far as I can tell. The number to Holiday is no longer in service, and I spoke to a lady at Drum's; their campground is definitely no longer operating.

So, I think you've already visited the only two campgrounds available in that area. However, to my knowledge, in NC you cannot set up permanent residence in a campground. Even though you can leave your camper there, you are only allowed to stay two weeks at a time.

#5 ·
However, to my knowledge, in NC you cannot set up permanent residence in a campground. Even though you can leave your camper there, you are only allowed to stay two weeks at a time.
Sorry David, it was called to my attention by LakeNormanBlues that this information is incorrect. As you obviously know, both the campgrounds you visited DO allow year-round residence; but they also have non-permanent sites, those are the ones you cannot occupy for more than two weeks at a time. Good luck with your search! :big_smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.