Help, Catfish Spur

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by puddle jumper, Aug 10, 2008.

1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Ok Guys,
    Figured I would ask the exsperts on this one,,,
    I got spured "finned??" Whatever you call it where my left thumb meets the palm of my hand and now my thumb has a numb feeling in it,,kind of like when you hit your funny bone, I felt this as soon as it happened and tried to wash it out the best I could at the time,figured it was just the sting,, now its been about two weeks and I still am very tender not only on the spot, but up my thumb as well , This is not a hospital kind of pain but it is real anoying ,,, Ive been spured before and this never happend, so im wondering whats up,,, is this a cat thing,,, or did it hit a nerve or something??
    Anyone ever had this happen or have any idea??
    Thanks guys,,
    puddle...:wink:

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds to me like it hit a nerve. Hopefully it's not permanent. If I were you, I would let a doc check it out, and make sure it's not infected.

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    best to have the doc check it out a small tip off the spur may have broke off in there and it may be lodged against a nerve, ligement, or tendon that is causing your grief.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Suck it up and go fishin again. LOL! Sounds like a doc visit to me.:wink:

5. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    WM,
    That kind of maked sence the end of the cats spur was bleading when I let it go I figured it was my blood..:confused2:..
    Thanks for the repliese...:wink:
    Puddle...