help! Catfish Rof with a float on leader?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by master_cat, Apr 30, 2006.

1. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    iv been reading on a rig with a float on leader can somone give a me a list of suplise and a diagram of what this rig looks like thanks

2. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Brent can you be more specific? There are a lot of differant rigs and with all the knowledge on this site someone can tell you exactly what you need.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I think I got an idea of what he's asking about.

There is a rig (I don't know the official name) where you just attach a bobber to your leader and it holds your bait a little bit off the bottom. That's all thier is to it.

Is that what you're talking about Brent?

Zakk

4. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    An british technique caled poly ball sounds like what you mean, It is just a float near your hook to kep bait off the bottom. I use a slip sinker rig and put a smal cork bober 3 or 4 inches from the hok on a 2 ft leader , with live bait it keps them swiming down for cover on the bottom. I read about this in one of the in fisherman catfish books. Hope this helps. Se you on the fish bank sometime.

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Is this what you are sarching for??? I hope this helpsBuddy!!

6. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ilike those havta give em a try .

7. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use the slip rig floater alot. I really like it when fishing live bait in moderate to no current. It really makes them fight the hook.

8. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i use this rig almost all the time river fishing except instead of a running the line through the sinker i use another swivel and a dropper and then attach the sinker to the end of the dropper. this is a lot better option for snag infested water. most of the time i will only lose the sinker and still retain the rest of my rig.

9. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Look in the library in this site, lots of rig diagrams.

10. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    jw found the one i needed but how long of a leader and how big a floater do you use and how far back from the hook do u put the bobber