Help cat problem

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by paul c, Jan 23, 2010.

1. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    I bought a new boat in december, & I bought new seats for it. Before I could even put the boat in the water my seats got sprayed from a wild "Tom Cat":cat:. now I know I have a catfish boat but that stuff stinks worse than my Danny King stink bait. How can I stop this CAT from falling in love with my boat?:at-wits-end:

2. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    .22 or a boat cover.

3. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    I was wanting to get a boat cover, but im not sure it will stop the cat from spraying my boat.

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    They are hard to keep away from the boat. I had a few that claimed my pontoon and I finally got rid of them with a small voltage electric fence from TSC farm store.

5. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
  6. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Chain a pitbull to the trailer ??? LOL Good Luck seriously thats aggrevating.

7. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    no i have not---i just googled cat repellant

8. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    If I didn't have to chain a dog up I would try that.

9. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    Good idea

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Give it a name, feed it,and pet it every day, them when you really like it and it likes you, in no time at all it will get run over! No more cat problem...........:skeleton:

11. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    A good tight boat cover will keep them out of the interior which would be the main consern, a .22 will keep them out forever. I've got a problem like this in the winter. I store my boat in my garage and even with a tight cover the mice get in and will chew the crap out everthing in the boat.....a couple of decon bait boxes under the cover will take care of that....kinda' like the .22......:)

12. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    Yea i'm going to look into getting a cover. I have a g3,1652,sc, any suggestions on what cover to buy?

13. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    Now that I like:wink:

14. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    lots of places sell covers for your boat, but my recommendation would be to have one costom fitted by someone in your local area. A custom cover is just a bit more money but well worth it.

15. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Paul call your local animal control and explain your problem they will give you a cat trap to catch that wild tomcat and they will take care of it for you.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  16. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    Efrith I live in the conty were you just make your on laws, but thats a good idea. I think I will just buy me a live trap in catch it & take it to the animal comtrol.

17. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    put mouse traps in it he gets his feet wacked a few times he will keep his yass out