Help-Browning 360 Tackle Bag

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by strictly catfish, Mar 28, 2009.

1. I am in the market for a new Browning 360 Tackle backpack from Bait Pro Shops.
    I was hoping one of the Brother's from the B.O.C. had any feedback they could give me on this.
    Is this a good buy?
    Any help much appreciated.
    Thank you.

sTRICTLY Catfish

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    What do they want for it and whats special about it?
    I use the $20 camo backpack from Walmart. It was in the huntin section.
    I can fit ALOT of stuff in there and keep my hands open for rods and a bait bucket.
    I know I do reccommend a backpack, especially for bank fishin. I just would spend a whole lot on it. Im cheap.:smile2:
    Good luck!​

3. I believe it is priced at 64.99
    It look's like it would be a good investment. It comes with 3 utility boxes that fit snug in the bottom compartment.
    Access to large compartment at the top.
    It is constructed from 1200 denier polyester material.
    It comes with 600 denier polyester pockets.
    It has two pockets for each side of the bag and corrosion resistant zippers.
    I am happy yours worked out for you, I guess I am glad it comes with the 3 utility boxes and there is a place for them.
    Thank you for replying.

sTRICTLY Catfish

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kevin that is one fine tackle case. It will help with organization and should last many years. I have one similar but a different brand.

5. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    i just moved out of my back pack , it was very nice and came in handy, with all the other things i need to carry it kept my hands free, but i some how grew out of it ( i will find other use for it ) i now use a dark green okeechobee fats bag , it came with 9 utility box s:0a31: it has 2 big pockets on the 2sides ( i use these for my STINK BAIT , they have tuff zippers, and the stink stays inside ( just in case ):embarrassed_2:eek:n the front side 1 big pocket with a smaller pocket inside ,on the out side of bag on front right above the big pocket it has a shell pocket ( hard ). good 4 cell , truck key, things like that .on top and back sides 2 big mesh pockets , the whole bag and pockets have zippers and is water prof it has hadles and a shoulder strap, heave but good with strap and hands still free

6. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    i got it at wally world, a lil hi but its going to last a few years so it will pay 4 its self:cool2:

7. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Agree, got a 8 tray bag, 6 pocket, very well constructed.

8. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The Browning bag looks nice. I have never had one, but I would also look at the Bass Pro Shops XPS Stalker Tackle Bag. I have had one of these for a about 3 years now. The one I mentioned is "New", the one I have is pretty much the same. Mine has been great so far. The cost for the XPS is a little cheaper at $54.99.
    But I must admit I use the bag now for storage because I only bank fish and usually have to walk a good distance, so I travel as light as possible. I use a light and inexpensive draw string type back pack most of the time.
    Good luck.

9. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I would avoid it, but that is just me. The reason being the utlity boxes do not lay flat in it. If you have weights of any size and it is on its edge the weights will break the utlity box. Look for a box that the utlity boxes lay flat.

10. I believe by the pictures that are posted by Bait Pro shops that the utility boxes do lay flat on the bottom.
    Maybe my eyes are deceiving me.
    Thank you for the post.

sTRICTLY Catfish

11. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    The picture on the BP site has them on the edge. Click on the zoom and you can see.

12. I believe they are on the edge because they are pulled out of the backpack.
    I think if you were to zip the backpack up you would see that the utility boxes sit on the bottom.

Alton,

I checked out the XPS Stalker Tackle bag from Bait Pro, look's like a nice bag.
    Thank's for the post.

sTRICTLY Catfish

13. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I know with the 370 the boxes sit on end you can sit them latch side up but the plano box is smaller than the foot print of the bag and they get tossed around alot. I have not seen the 360 first hand but I have the 370. A buddy i fish with has the 370 so I would guess that the 360 would be the same. Could be wrong since I have only seen the one.

14. Dsage,

I was just curious what does your friend think of the 370? Are they quality backpack's?
    I am thinking that the 360 is just like the 370 just a little smaller.
    Again, thank you.

sTRICTLY Catfish

15. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Man I probably have you all confused, Browning makes a Tackle bag 360 and 370 and I guess they now have the backpack Tackle bag. I have been talking about the Bag not the Backpack I copies and pasted your line from the first post and it took me to basspro and the tackle bag. You are correct the backpack the utlity boxes lay down. Now to kinda anwser your last question. He loves his bag. The only down side to it was the price. Sorry about the confusion.

16. I purchased a Browning 360 Tackle bag and it is very trick.
    I just wanted to thank the brothers for the post and I highly recommend one, they are very durable and have a lot of space. Thank's again.

sTRICTLY Catfish

17. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    i have 360 and i like it i dont think i will everey go to anything eals well worth ythe money to me

18. team salmon

team salmon New Member

State:
    kansas
    I owened a browning tackle bag at one point - it was nice and solid. The only thing was that you couldn't hardly find boxes that fit the bag without paying out the wazoo. I've starting using a duffle bag from walmart and you can pick the bag and try "dry fittin" plano boxes into it till ya find what combo works. Also i have 12 plano boxes and my bag hold 7 so i put diffrent tackle in the bag based on where and how I'll be fishing that day. For the browning that held aprox 3 3600 boxes i paid around $55. You can get a bag and a doz boxes for that and have a little money left over to put something in it. I also have a back pack that I can put 2 or 3 boxes in if I'm walkning in somewhere. Got to admitt that deer head looks real nice on the browning though!!:wink:

19. I agree with you there, the deer head look's real nice.
    I am hoping that the boxes will last a while. They should, Browning is a quality company.
    I tried looking for a backpack but I could not find one that held as much gear as the 360. I am very happy.
    Thank's for the reply.