help at beaver lake

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by 01richard, Aug 24, 2008.

1. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    going fishing at beaver lake over labor day weekend staying at prairie creek camp grounds and i have a boat where would a good place be to catch some catfish and what bait is working for them

2. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Richard,
    I have fished Beaver for years (since college in the 80's) and started cat fishing it this past November. I posted a question last week about jugging bigger lakes the size of beaver. I normally fish out of the Blue Springs area down to Hickory Creek. In the spring, I caught several fish on jugs and trotlines in the backs of the creeks/pockets. I am new to the late summer/early fall cat fishing on Beaver. If I were out there today, I would set jugs everywhere to see where the fish might be. I know fish are being caught on some other lakes on big flats in about 25-35 feet of water, so I would set jugs on flats, but also around the creek channels as well. I can't help you if you are daytime fishing as I always cat fish at night. I have bass fished beaver a lot around Hickory creek and see a lot of people fishing in the day off the banks. They are cat fishing off the bluffs next to the marina. I assume they catch fish as they are always there.
    A friend of mine drifts over flats on Grand lake in Oklahoma (daytime) from now until about November and catches a lot of catfish. You might try that.
    If you do well, let us know. I bet the nighttime might be the best time to fish unless you want to hook a jetski. They are still out in force and are everywhere in the Prairie Creek area.
    Good luck,
    ccat

3. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    thanks for the reply back i will be trying day and night ill let you know how i do thanks again