Help and Danger

Discussion in 'Boating Stories' started by poisonbro, Aug 2, 2009.

1. poisonbro

poisonbro New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    A lot of people do not realize that a boat DIW(dead in the water) with their calun of is a distress signal. Most places it is a law that you must stop and render aid. The MASTER and I(grasshopper) were fishing a tourney in a boat I bought and it was first time out in it. It had the old 70 H.P. Chysler on it. We were not aware that they used so much gas. We ran out had our calun off and were waving our caps at people buzzing by. They in return waved and preceded to the weigh in area. They were afraid we might of had fish to weigh in. One guy from Mt. Ida a well known pro now, stopped after the weigh in was over. On his way to meet a client to take guide fishing. He towed us to a woman and man crappy fishing that he new and they towed us on in. It was a bad hair day.
    I have been in two tournaments that had boating accidents, and there was deaths in both incidents. There was also alcohol involved in both. Alcohol on the water has the same effect as in an airplane. It takes a lot less to get a buzz. I spent 6 years active duty in U.S. Navy and have flown a lot; I know. I used to drink alcohol; but not even on land now. In hot summer seems like nothing better than ice cold beer from ice chest. Alchol dehydrates you and heat exhausting or heat stroke can sneak up on you before you even know it's coming. Try good ole ice cold water and it will feel refreshing too. I've had heat exhausting and I'm sure lots of you have also.
    I'm a DAV and a class 4 swimmer. A qualified life gaurd. I was proud to get a life gaurd job last week; but I got fired the same day. Some blue kid got me fired.
    You will here me speak often of the MASTER and you that know him will love him and the ones that don't know him might not understand him.
    Well I've wrote a book again. Take a kid fishing.

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That was a cool article.. yes naturally the people in the tournament are gonna leave ya hangin knowin you might be the winners but if i was in a tournament even if i KNEW i was goin to lose id still stop and help. Thats just common sense and respect. About the kid that got ya fired.. what was the full scoop on that if i may ask? REPS for sharing.:wink:

3. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    larry are you poisonpits brother

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Billy, its either his bro, or his alter ego........... Master..... Yes Master..... LMAO. Welcome aboard poisonbro. But seriously, he is absolutely right about the dangers he speaks of. Larry, I too am USN, I too am DAV. welcome. If you are Pits bro. I feel for ya. :smile2:

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    thanks mac you realy know how to make a guy feel good.

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Hey, what are friends for? Dont go gettin yer feelers hurt.:tounge_out:

7. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    well the question is still unanswered----is this pits brother or not? seriously.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    was gonna let him introduce his self but yes this is my brother from the same mother.yall help me give him a big welcome to the boc maybe we can get him off the couch and back into the real world.

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Johnnie, are you gonna bring him to WDM? Welcome aboard again Larry. :wink:

10. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    welcome to the BOC larry. we wont hold it against you being johnnies brother.

11. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    I know the feeling of being stuck on the water with a motor that won't run. It really sucks.

I've got to ask though, what the heck is a calun?

12. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    welcome to the BOC Larry from the central valley of CA

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Larry Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Now that you are on board we should be able to get page 2, of the stories about Johnnie.:wink:

14. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Welcome to the BoC Larry.....

15. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i pretty sure he's talkin about cowling.

16. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Larry

17. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Welcome aboard!:cool2:

18. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Okay, that makes sense. I was thinking maybe it was some sort of alarm or light used for a distress signal.

19. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello Larry and welcome to the BOC!!!

20. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Larry.