Help a newby out

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by Reel_Blues, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I am new to this site been reading alot of posts. What does PB stand for? Also could someone tell me how to track your posts so you will no when someone has responded?

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    PB is personal best.not sure on the other ? .Welcome to the BOC.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    PB stands for Personal Best. You can go up to the top of the thread and select thread tools. Subscribe to the thread you're interested in and you can have e-mail or no notification when somebody posts in the thread. To check if you have no alerts checked go up to the upper left and click on User CP. That will show you your subscribed threads that people have posted in or you can view all subscribed threads.
    Hope this helps!!!
    Welcome to the BOC!!!!!:wink::big_smile:

4. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks alot guys and thanks for welcoming me to the BOC i love this site! This is the best site on the web.:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

5. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    welcome to the boc. if u dont know these guys can tell ya anything u want to know:cool2:

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    A Big ol Welcome aboard the BOC Roger,Glad to have You join us.J.D.
    :0a25::0a25::0a25::0a25::0a17::0a18::0a20::0a22::0a23::byebye::wink:

7. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC from Southwest Missouri.

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    welcome to the B.O.C., best catfishing community on the planet. You can also track your post by clicking on your username then click on "find all post by Reel Blues"

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Roger! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family, from your neighboring state of NC. We're glad to have you :big_smile:!

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

OH yeah......if you want to subscribe to receive email notification when your threads, or threads you've posted on have been hit again, do this.

Go up to user CP, over in the left hand corner, top of the screen. Click on that, then click on "Edit Options". You'll see a category called "Messaging and Notification". The subscription box is the second one down. Hope this helps.

However, if you become as addicted to the BOC as most of us, you probably won't need this feature. I always just click on "New Posts" at the top of the screen when I log in.

11. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hi Roger, I see your questions have already been answered so I''l just throw a big ole Indiana welcome at ya.

12. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Welcome aboard Roger. Howdy,
    Bigwhiskers

13. mcal762

mcal762 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Reel Blues,
    I have to agree, this site is far better than the ......... site!! I've tried to get some info from folks on there on where to go and maybe catch a monster but everyone acts like its National Security project or something. I'm just looking to get a cool picture with a 40 or 50lb cat. I catch and release only, basically fish for fun... have you had any luck out on the James yet?
    Mcal

14. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey mike yeah me and my buddy(river cat rat) go pretty regular to jp deep botom and dutch gap. My pb is a 47lb his is a 64lb. We went sat. in the snow did ok biggest were a 17lb,28lb,38lb, and a 42lb.:big_smile:

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Dang man! That's just "ok" :big_smile:? If that happened to me, I'd think I'd died and gone to catfish heaven! :cool2:

16. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC from Mississippi, Roger.

17. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Tanya have you ever fished the james river?

18. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Welcome to the BOC Roger.....You just became a member of the Greatest catfishing site on the web!!!!!:big_smile:

19. mcal762

mcal762 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    i went last winter in feb it was 17 degrees when we launched and the water temp was 34 degrees. just a little bit cold. we caught about 15 or 20 cats nothing over 10lbs. the bite was really slow! my pb is only 30lbs, still looking for a 50 or 60 pounder.... what type of rig are you using?
    Mcal

20. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

No, I've never fished ANY river Roger. I usually fish a couple of the Catawba chain lakes. Lake Hickory is practically at my back door, but there aren't a lot of big cats in it - a channel cat lake mostly. I like Lake Norman, but haven't been there since the summer.