Helo Wheels question??

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by DCcatfisher, Feb 13, 2009.

1. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I got a question about Helo's he791 series wheel, does anyone know if they are aluminum that are chrome plated or steel that has been chrome plated. I was driving my wifes '06 Tahoe up the .25 mile long gravel driveway today and a loose rock that my neighbor had thrown out in some potholes got caught in between the rear brake caliper and wheel and cut a pretty nasty groove around and punched a hole through the back of the wheel, deflating the tire completly in about 2 seconds. I found some of the helo wheels on a website pretty cheap but I can't find anywhere that states what they are made of. I also called the closest Chevy dealership and just one wheel was almost $700, so that is what turned me towards buying a whole set of aftermarket wheels. Thanks for any help.

2. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    They are alloy wheels

3. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
  4. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i would check the local scrap yards, i picked up an aluminum wheel for daughters car for $75.00, looks fine, new one was over $400

5. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have already checked at all the ones within 40 miles of my house with no luck. I used to have alot of connections to stuff like this when I used to build off-road rigs as a hobby but I have lost them all since a new job, wife and kids have came along.