Hello to my fishing brothers

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by jstall, Jan 16, 2006.

1. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Howdy to all. I live to fish! Fishing has caused me trouble in school, with Mom and Day, with my wife and every one else, too bad! I am 61, a farmer and I live in East Texas. I fish the Sabine river, Toledo bend, Rayburn well just about any water I can fine. I have three boats a fourteen foot alum, a 17 footer alum and a Boston Whaler 18'. I need every one of them. You can see some of the wifey problem I was talking about. Gal has put up with me for 34 years. I have three grandsons and one granddauther. Yeap! They are in training and all three are doing great. I get crossways with my daughter in law and daughter sometimes but hmmm, too bad. I don't know how to make those gals understand you don't stop fishing while they are bitting just to get somewhere on time. Well enought about me. I would like to ask a question, have you all seen the tape of the guy that fishes Lake Kentucky? I think it is called "Get The Net". I have maked up this type of lines but have not been able to try them out. I surely will have something to write about after I do. At closing I would like to say Hi to all of you. Thanks for excepting me on here. Good fishing to all of you, stay safe!
    Joseph

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Welcome to the site jstall!!! I see you cause the same problems we all catfisherman do!

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    jstall,

Welcome to the BOC, glad to have you aboard!

I havent heard of that video, but it sounds very familar?

Paul

4. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    welcome brother hope the riggin works for ya i havent seen the video either. i'll be down at toledo bend this year let me in on some hotspots lol

5. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    jstall, welcome to the boc! I'm up here in north texas and have been your way a few times. Great area and the fishing is good too!

6. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Howdy jstall, Great to see more Texas Boys in here. For awhile I thought only a few would be joining. Welcome to the site Sir, I haven't seen the video yet but would like too. I like to try all kinds of stuff. Never know when ya might learn a new trick or two.
    Come on in and share some more with us !

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Joseph, welcome to the B.O.C. You seem like my kind fisherman. One that loves it!!:) :)

8. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Jstal, welcome to the BOC!
    Would you mind explaining what the video was and the type of "rigging" ?
    I'm all ears and am always, always wanting to learn new things.
    Thanks.

9. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Joseph, welcome to the BOC! Don't be a stranger!

10. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    I am not sure if this is the way to answer a question and I am not sure what Quote is. I hope I am corrected here if this is not how it is to be done.
    Mud, the video is called “Get the net”. It is about the poorest made video you could buy but the information is great. It is made by a guy in Tennessee that fishes Lake Kentucky. He uses boxes to put out and take up his lines. The boxes have rubber around the edge with slit that hold the hook. He puts 12 foot between his staging and uses rail spikes and floats all along the line. Five hooks a spike, five hoops a float and so on. NOW I thought this is totally ridiculous but after I made up one line I completely changed my mind. He uses small line and mono staging or drops. The mono is doubled and a knot tied at the end. Then he twists the drop and it forms a loop at the end. When he put the hook on the mono he ran the mono thru the eye and then put the hook thru the loop, than raps the loop around the hook again. This makes the hook stand outward instead of straight down.
    You put the line in the boxes starting in the middle and as you come to a hook you put the staging into the slot cut into the rubber. The staging is pulled until the hook is against the box. When you come to a float you just lay it against the side of the box. No weights, they are put on as you put line out. Let me tell you these lines go out perfectly. When you take up the lines you put it right back into the box. It does not tangle. When you get home you feed the line into another box and set up just as you did the first time. Staging into slots, hooks pulled back against the box, floated along the edge. Now it is ready to set out again.
    I do not know if you can understand anything I have written here. What I am going to do is take some pictures and post them on here, if I can figure out how to post pictures. I think you will understand better. I am not a good writer!

11. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    jstall, I kinda understand what you are talking about, but yes, pictures would be better. Thanks for the info.
    To answer you about quote and what they are : If you would like to include someone else's post into your post. Press the quote button on the post you want to use. This will paste the quote of the other member onto your post.
    Example would be something like this:
    T-Bone: "I like to use DK punch Bait and shad also"

Now you start your post.

I agree with T-Bone. I also use winnies to catch'em.

If you just want to write your own post and not quote another member, than just press reply and start typing.
    Hope this helped ya out some.

12. gilly

gilly New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jstall

Welcome to BOC....it is good to have another TX'n here with us. I live in Tyler, not to far from you I suppose. Format of BOC takes a little learning, but you will become more comfortable in a matter of time. I am very intersted in learning more about the rigs you speak of. Again welcome and make yourself at home here......give as much as you take.

Gilly

13. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Welcome aboard young feller.Glad to have you join in.Do'nt worry about the spelling.We can all figure out what you are saying.Do'nt let any little thing like that keep you away from posting.The whole lot of us are fishermen, and fisherladies,not spelling teachers.:)
    BILL

14. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Here are pictures of the boxes with lines ready to go out.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      43.3 KB
      Views:
  15. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    jstall, that's a real nice box! :)

16. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Other picture of box. Thanks Aquacat.

Attached Files:

17. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Thanks for the pictures, I see now, what you were talking about. Looks very handy. That's a great way to handle them lines.

18. catfishredneck

catfishredneck New Member

State:
    Timpson texas
    jstall gary is only 30 mintues from timpson we need to wet a hook. I got some good spots on rayburn. just let me know when and where your boat or mine.

19. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Great Catfishredneck, sounds good to me. I have a place on Rayburn. I live in the Tennessee commuity off FM 947