Hello Texas

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by loop, Aug 15, 2005.

1. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Old Loop here anybody from around the Denton area on here?
    Loop :confused:

2. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick New Member

Actually from Mesquite area myself.
    Got my email to reregister on the new site just today.
    Like it so far! :)

3. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    So far so good. This is pretty neat so far ya'll.

4. Wolf

Wolf New Member

State:
    Lake Fork, Texas
    Wolf from Lake Fork here. What a site!! I've just been looking around the new site. Lots of good info and reference material. Awsome site.

5. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Hey Loop, I'm from McKinney. I fish lake lavon which is just a little east from where I am. If'n you ever want to get out and drop a line let me know!

6. C2catfish

C2catfish New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    I like the new site. I'm in Hurst and plan to do some fishin soon on several area lakes. Ray Roberts is on the list. Anyone know about fishin there?

7. EDDIE R. CRAWFORD

EDDIE R. CRAWFORD New Member

State:
    JUSTIN, TX
    HOWDY LOOP. NICE CATCH THERE! WHERE'D JA CATCH'EM?

8. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    Living in Corinth. This sure is a nice new site to visit. Hope to see ya all around.

9. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Well guys I was just in the Denon area for a visit nice country an fishing there.But now I'm back home in Okie Land.I got that stringer in the Arkansas River about 10 mins from my house (eat your hearts out).
    Loop

10. leatherneck

leatherneck New Member

leatherneck here down in san antonio. Just looked at my email about the site. Not too bad huh

11. catfish722

catfish722 New Member

Hi Loop. Catfish722 here. I live in Corinth and catfish on Lewisville but have only found small cats and want to scope out Ray Bob and get a firm handle on where to catch nice size catfish up there. I use jug lines, mostly baited with shrimp and rod/reel baited with various punch/stink baits. Spent the night out on the lake this past Wednesday and got 11 cats but all were just barely legal plus a couple at about 3 to 4 pounds. The bigger ones on rod using Hog Wild, Original stink bait,and the smaller ones on jugs baited with garlic shrimp. I was fishing in about 20-25 feet of water adjacent to the dam.

You fish Lewisville or Ray Bob? Where and what for bait. Catch big or little ones? I lived up in the north east for several years and was very good at catching channel cats in the rivers adjacent to the Chesapeake Bay but have not found the nack for finding them in the big lakes now that I have relocated back to Texas. Got any advice to offer?

12. catfishredneck

catfishredneck New Member

State:
    Timpson texas
    Anyone from east texas. lost track of some brothers from the old site.

13. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Hey,
    I'm currently in WA State, and in process of relocating to TX. If I have my way it will be on Possum Kingdom Lake. I grew up there and can't wait to return. Anyone here familure with the Lake? I used to live there for many years at "Pat & Uncle Herman's Camp on the east side of the lake (Graford side), they were my Uncles & I still have many relatives in the area. I know the Lake like my back yard & Just looking for updated info and a new fishing buddy when I get back! I have family in the Grapevine/Lewisville/Carrollton area also so I am sure I will be fishing those areas when I get back home :grin-big: .

Drop me a line and maybe when I get back "Home" we can hook up and catch some real fish! :0a23:

14. C2catfish

C2catfish New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    Hey stickthrower or anyone else for that matter,
    I've just about finished rigging up an old deck boat for fishing. My brother and I ran her up on Grapevine last weekend. Aside from a small leak in the livewell tubing, she ran out great. The heat is about to break and I'm itchin' to get out there. If any of you guys know something about catching big cats on these area lakes, I'd be happy to have you along. The boat is a 20' Playcraft 8' wide with a Yamaha 175 VPro, so she'll run out in the mid 40's. I installed a Lowrance LCM332-c sonar/gps and a 50 gallon Grayline bait tank. I spent most of my dough on the boat, so I'm a little short on tackle for the big cats. Maybe that's where you come in. I need to practice finding and catching shad on these lakes. I'm looking forward to some great times. Drop me a line at curtiscampbell@charter.net and maybe we'll "get er' done"

C2

15. Bosshawg

Bosshawg New Member

State:
    Madisonville, TX
    I'm fairly new to this site. But I'm in Madisonville,TX thats right between Dallas and Houston on I45. I travel all over Texas/US due to my job maybe I'll get the chance to hook up with some of yall and do some catchin! I had some luck this past weekend. Check the pic 32lb. Blue :p . See yall around!

Jerome

Attached Files:

16. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Any good reports out of Texoma? Shure would like to get down thatway.

17. slqfan

slqfan New Member

State:
    Stockdale, TX
    Im from San Antonio, and just starting to fish for catfish again.

18. TxCatfishGuide

TxCatfishGuide New Member

State:
    Texas
    Possum Kingdom is pretty much a dead sea these days since it has been hit with several golden algae blooms. They say it is coming back but the people I hear from say it is trying to come back. It is no doubt a beautiful lake but fishing is less than stellar anymore.

19. C2catfish

C2catfish New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    Nice fish Jerome.What did you catch it on?

C2

20. CIBE2001

CIBE2001 New Member

State:
    Texas
    hey i Go fishing near the public boat ramp in corinth..Do fairly well from the bank there.Here lately its been so hot and dry i thought i was gonna have to spray the cat fish for ticks.If ya see a silver truck out there. its probly mine lol...good fishing and good luck to all..

P.S. can i borrow a boat lol... :p