Hello, newbie here.

Discussion in 'MISSISSIPPI RIVERS TALK' started by MSMUDCAT, Oct 29, 2006.

1. MSMUDCAT

MSMUDCAT New Member

State:
    MS
    First off, I would like to say you seem to have a great web site and even more importantly, a great group of guys here. I'm very impressed with the comradery that is displayed here. I'm glad I found this site.
    Second, I usually fish the MS river for whites,hybrids,c-run stripes, but I would like to expand my persuits to the catfish, hopefully, BIG CATFISH.

I'm looking at possibly getting on the MS River this next week. I'm will either put in at Wolf River @ Memphis,TN Bass landing at Walls,MS or
    Tunica Cutoff or Mhoon landing in Tunica, MS.
    Questions:
    -Do you have any preference among these sites this time of year and this River level (11ft)?
    -What rigs/methods/bait do you use most often for flatheads/blues have you used in this/these areas?
    -I live in north MS, but I usually keep an active AR fishing liscense as well (I fish Greers Ferry some). If I put in on the River in Memphis,TN will my
    AR fishing liscense cover me since I would be in adjoining water with AR?

I know the is a huge wealth of info. on this site and I want to use this info, but I was just wondering what you local folk can teach me specifically about my home area.
    Thanks for your time and expertise.
    Russ :0a23:

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    welcome to the boc hope you enjoy this site as much as we do

3. wally_1951

wally_1951 New Member

State:
    mo
    welcome to the boc....bunch of great people here

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Welcome to the boc russell glad to have you!!

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Russell, 'bout all I have for you is, Welcome to the BOC... I'm still lookin' for my 1st BIG fish...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The person who can smile when something goes wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Russ

:0a25:

Its GREAT to have yoy aboard!!

Very very nice handle Russel, I likr.

:haha:

7. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Welcome to the Boc Russell, I'm glad you found us.

Someone that fishes your waters will chime in here shortly, and hopefully be able to answer all your questions.. Take a look at our library when you have time, as it has tons of great information there, about all types of things.

We are a Big Family here and help one another all that we can.. You will feel right at home in no time at all.

P.S.

There is a Gathering going on right now at this time..Mhoon landing in Tunica

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We're very happy to have ya.Come on in and sit a spell! You'll always be welcome here! Sister Pat:big_smile:

9. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    There are some BOC members at Mhoon landing right now on a fishing trip, We fished Friday until the storm ran us out and then again Saturday. I had to leave to make a trip to New Orleans today. All were having a great time even with the storm some nice ones were caught.

Welcome to the BOC Borther.

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Welcome to the BOC,MSMUDCAT. I think You will like it here. J.D.

11. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Russell.its a great place to be.

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Welcome to the Boc Russell:cool2:

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Russell! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :smile2:

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC Rusell. I'm to far north to answer your questions.But there will be someone on this sight that will be able to help you. We are proud to have you aboard. Good Fishing.

15. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Welcome to the BOC. You will find the info you need to catch the biggins here. Tight Lines
    Marc

16. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    welcome to the BOC russel , enjoy the archives of info

17. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    :0a25: to the B.O,C., Russell. I've never fished where you are at but hopefully someday my general knowledge will help you out.

Looking forward to reading your posts, have a great day, Elliot

18. dudlbugr

dudlbugr New Member

State:
    Cleveland, AL
    Just got in from Mhoon Landing, and we had a great time. We fished a lot of different setups up there, and no one did SUPER, but fish were caught. A 32 was caught in about 35 ft of water, in a back eddy on a rock bank. A 19 was caught in a hole behind a dike. An 18 was caught in heavy straight line current (16 oz wt current), and about 10-15 fish in the 5 to 10 lb range were caught just about everywhere else.

There are quite a few guys on here that fish the Memphis - Tunica area regularly. My advice is to go to the Miss River: World Class Catfishing thread, start on the first page, and read it all. There's a lot of pertinent info on the area up there. Pay attention to fishermen like BigRiver, Coach, Charlesp54, Turtle1173, and Gofish. They're good fishermen that fish the river a lot, catch good fish, and know the river really well. They don't all fish the same waters, but they all fish the old Man. Read through all the posts, though, and garner what info you can use.

Now, you said something about sea-run stripes... I'd sure like to get into some of those one day! Maybe we can work out a trade-a-trip someday!

Welcome to the BOC!

19. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Welcome to the BOC.

20. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Russ.