Hello New York anyone home??

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEW YORK TALK' started by splitshot, Sep 23, 2006.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Just wondering if any N. Y. members have been doing any catfishing lately? Its been a long time since ive seen any posts, by anyone other than myself. I sure would like to hear from you guys.

2. devlyn76

devlyn76 New Member

State:
    Vermont
    Not yet. Waiting for my father-in-law's knee to recover from surgery. Maybe this Sunday though.

-ben

3. mrhookset

mrhookset New Member

State:
    New York
    I went catfishing at south bay in white hall last night with my dad, my freind Jeremy and his son. We caught bull head all night long and ended up with 3 cats a 12lber a 6lber and a 3lber. The 3lber looked kind of strange it hat black speckles all over its body I never seen a cat like it. Im hoping with the colder weather coming in the cattys will be a little more active. Last fall I ended up catching a couple that were close to 20 lbs in the fall. Caught most of them on chicken livers. Well this is my first time posting a message so I thought I would give it a Try. Im always looking for a place to find the big cats. Had some luck in the hudson river also with chicken livers. I will probably fish until ice comes.

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Hey Frank welcome to the BOC. Good to see a new member in the New York area. I fish South Bay quite often, as well as the canal around Fort Ann. My son and i are hoping to fish south bay this week as long as it doesn't rain. This is a great site, with all kinds of usefull info, so dont be bashfull about posting.

5. mrhookset

mrhookset New Member

State:
    New York
    were going to the bridge in south bay tonight saturday. Hope to catch some catty's. I have some cut bait from the other night and my father bought some shrimp and is curing them in garlic. He is really getting in to it. The first couple of times he just came along to visit but I think after catching that 3lber last weekend he wants more. I don't really know where you fish exactly but I wouldn't mind joining you sometime. I think that the catfish are pretty hungry now that its getting colder they need to stock up for the winter. hope to get some lunkers. Talk to you later.

Mr hookset

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Hey Frank, i haven't been on for a couple of days, I've been crazy busy. I went cattin wednesday 10-18, and caught a 13 lb., and a 10.5 lb. channel., on chicken liver. I was really surprised because i caught them at 4:30 in the afternoon, twenty minutes apart. I fish south bay at the bridge, and usually have the best luck casting towards the bridge. Your right this is the best time of the year to catch the hogs. I usually use cut herring this time of the year, but ran out two weeks ago. The 10 lb cat i caught, i had to keep cause i gut hooked him real bad, and he was bleeding something fierce. When i fillet him his stomach was full of chicken gizzards. I think someone was using them for chum. Yes we will have to try to get together, i only work three days a week as i am semi retired. My son is usually off on wend,thur. or fridays so thats usually when i go. Just let me know when your going.

7. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    Usually I go for them around March, where I can target striped bass & cats.