Hello guys

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by fnzuki6903, Mar 29, 2008.

1. fnzuki6903

fnzuki6903 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    new to this site, just got back from a deployment in iraq and getting out of the army. i need a nice new cat rod and reel. i prefer an open face, nothing to long but good for river fishing. also what is the new in thing for line, did they come up with anything new in the past year and a half.

2. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Trevor welcome to the boc,and thanx for your service,glad ya back safe n sound,.....

3. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the BOC good to have you aboard, and thank you for everything that you are doing for this country

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC buddy, thanks for your service. I just retired from military myself.

Of course there are lots of options for rod and reels...how much do you want to spend??

6. fnzuki6903

fnzuki6903 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    hey boys appreciate the thanks, i was thinking about spending no more than $250 for a pole and a reel.

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Welcome to the BOC. ><[[[[º>

8. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    well come to the BOC!

for a rod i would go with a 7ft ugly stick.

for a reel id go with a abu garcia 106 Cardinal. thats what i got and lovin every bit of that set.you can all find this at Bass Pro.

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome back home Trevor, thanks for your service. Welcome to the BOC. You'll find all kinds of info on rods, reels, line, and terminal tackle in the "Fishing Tackle Reveiw and Discusion" section on the home page. Good luck.

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Welcome Home Trevor,I have Never met You Sir. But You have My Respect and Thank's. Now if You are lookin for a Nice Spinning outfit might I recommend a Shimano Baitrunner 6500 paired with a Shakespeare Ugly stick Tiger M/H 7ft.spinning Rod.Both are Bullet Proof. The Reel will run119.00 dollars and the Rod 55.00 at Bass Pro.I might also Suggest power Pro Braided line in #50/65 pound test. Aprox 21.00 dollars for a 300yd spool. That would make a Good outfit,and will handle most any fresh water fish out there. Good Luck and I am sure the folks here will also make some suggestions. Now Welcome Aboard the BOC. J.D.:wink:

11. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good job Trevor! You handled that with honor and dignity. Now that its cleared up, its was really kinda funny. Not what you thought, but the misunderstanding. Dont sweat it, you'll get the hang of how everything works on here real quick.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Trevor Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I would like to say thanks for serving this country. I look forward to reading your comments.

13. baldy804

baldy804 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    welcome to the boc trevor thanks for your time and dedication to this great country:big_smile: the library has alot of usefull info you can get a pretty inexpensive rod reel combo at wally world 29.00 7 ft tiger rod and shakspear reel set up spooled with 20 lb mono

14. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hi Trevor. First of all I want to says thanks. You have my upmost respect for what you and the rest of the military is doing for our country. Welcome to the BOC/SOC.:0a25:Myself, I can't be much of help suggesting a great spinning combo for catfishing. I use baitcasting equipment. I'm sure many of the members can steer you in the right direction. There is a catalog put out by catfish connection. There is numerous tackle for the catfisherman in mind. Check them out! Their prices are very competitve. Quiet the selection.:0a26:

15. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Trevor, Welcome to BOC and thanks for your service to our country!!!

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Trevor. Glad you made it back and a big thank you to you. Good luck fishin!!

17. fnzuki6903

fnzuki6903 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thanks guys for all the great help, i think i will pry just go with the shakespeare tiger combo from walmart. My wife got kinda mad when i told her how much i was gonna spend on a rod and reel.

18. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    probably a good choice Trevor Trust me if for some reason that you happen to fall asleep fishing and wake up to a faint,but yet somewhat familiar sound like maybe a ZZZZZeeeeeee - - - - SPLASH !!! and find that your brand new $200.00 rig is gone. You will be lot more happy to know you only lost 30 - 40 bucks rather than 200.
    Not that this has ever happend to me I just thought I would tell you this to be helpful :wink::wink: :smile2:

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Trevor! Welcome HOME bro, to the good old US of A and also to your new home - the BOC. We sincerely thank you for your service and are honored to have you as a member. :cool2:

20. Defender

Defender New Member

State:
    Hastings, Nebraska
    THANK YOU for your service!

Where in Nebraska will you be?