Hello guys!

Discussion in 'Wels Catfishing' started by puskin, Oct 23, 2009.

1. puskin

puskin New Member

State:
    Italy
    Hi i'm an italian catfisherman that subscribe your site to condivide my experiences in catfishing with us... and learn something obviously :D
    Here in Italy there are a lot of cats, channels, bullheads and similars(ictalurus punctuatus, Ameiurus melas and nebulosus) like blues and whites (very difficult to distinguish and findable only near Florence in Arno river). There is Clarias garepinus but it doesn't breed in our waters...
    The best and my favourite cat is the european silurus, the wels i mean... isn't native for Italy too, but here it grow over 250cm and 100kg of weight!
    I've never caught a bigfish like that but some friends of mine do it.
    Here there are photos of me, my friends and some little ragnetti (or glanetti, two gergal terms for little silurus :D)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these fishes were caught with artificial lures like big spoons (not rotating, but i don't know the english name...) and not so big floating and rattling minnows but a lot of people use, with excellent results, live baits (carps, eels, crucian carps, breams, aspes, roaches and more) or dead baits. Special mention for rotten squids, they works great!

sorry for my bad english... see ya next cat!

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC brother. Great looking cats!

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Andrea Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfisherman. Enjoyed your pics and look forward to reading of your fishing experiences. :0a22::0a22::0a25:

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Ciao Andrea, Come stai? Benvenuti a BOC!

Grandi fotografie!!!

...W

5. puskin

puskin New Member

State:
    Italy
    Ciao metalman, anche te italiano o lo parli solo?

However, my cats are about 7-12 kg approx, i'm looking for a 150cm that puts strong my rod and my line. Someone tell me about a place near my home where you can find wels till 2meters in the center of city, a beatiful urban experience but a hard place for fishing for cycles and other garbage on the bottom of the channel. I'll try this spot on Sunday, maybe i'll write a report here! :big_smile:

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Andrea,

No, I am not Italian, and can only speak very little of your language.
    Your English is very good. We are looking forward to reading your Silurus fishing adventures...W

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    WELCOME TO THE BOC BROTHA

8. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    welcome aboard andrea, nice looking fish you have caught. looking forward to more stories and pictures.

9. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Andrea. Cant wait to see more pics and read more storys

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats on joining the best outdoors site on the net. We have tons and tons of valuable information, help yourself.

11. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    :0a25::0a25::0a25:to the BOC you'll have a great time on here if you love cat fish.

12. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good looken fish Andrea welcome to the BOC I will look forward to your posts of monster wels.