Hello "Gone fishin for kittys"

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Rockjumper, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Hello Gone fishin for kittys!

I saw your location on the map and was wondering if you could help me. I have relatives that live by the 9th street bridge. I seen places by the river to fish. Is this a good spot to catfish? Is is dangerous at night? Also, is there a boat ramp near the 9th street bridge?

Thanks

Rj

2. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Rockjumper,

I'm sorry I didn't see this till now!

The 9th street bridge. i haven't fished under that exact bridge. But I have fished that area. I have never caught anything not a darn thing. I fished it in the daytime a couple times NEVER at night. Thier are a ton of drunk and homeless dudes around thier. Especially in the summer from ball games and such. That part of the river is gonna have really heavy boat traffic due to games and the board walk. If you relatives really wana fish the area try fishing up farther in between PNC park and hienz field. That area is more lit and little bit safer.

I wouldn't really wana fish it if I were them. Have them fish the back channel on herrs island. I have caught some nice flats and channels back thier, or better yet try the highland park dam.

This is just my opinion they have that tourtament down on the point every year and they seem to catch stuff. Of course when thier that many lines in the water your bound to catch something. :p

to each thier own

If your in the area PM we can hook up!

3. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Hey thanks Josh,

I have walked that boardwalk to pnc park to the ball games. I seen several areas where a guy could fish. I have seen the homeless people under the tenth street bridge. I took my stuff down to do some fishing and It got dark I got outta there! Not used to the big city environment with tall buildings and alot of people, I felt a little outta place and not sure what to expect.

I was watching some of the boats and was amazed. I seen some boats I know that were probally going around 50mhp! Some of the boats were huge like three levels high. That part of the river sure does look deep.

Thanks for the info and being a friend. Maybe next that I am going to be in the area I will give ya a holler.

How about them STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denver, your going down!

Take care Josh

Your friend

Paul

4. Gone fishin 4 kittys

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hey down further thiers a peer that goes out pretty close to Hienz field where I have reeled in some catfish. Not very big though. one was albino!!:confused:
    :confused: :confused: :confused: I caught him on ham.

Your right those boats are huge. Their all coming and going to the boardwalk, or another marina on herrs island. Both are pretty upperclass. Especially herrs island, you know a bunch of the steelers live thier.

I have been doing most of my fishing at the highpark dam. I hope to hook up with some of the members this summer. Maybe we can all try an hook up.

Them steelers are gonna give me a heart attack!!!! I thick were going all the way.... ONE FOR THE THUMB

5. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Steeler game,

Did you ever see such a game? From the plays to the calls.

Heart attack is right!

Albino catfish, that would have been neat.

6. Gone fishin 4 kittys

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    That game was great game for sure. The NFL said that the one fumble call shouldn't have been overturned.

The albino cat was real cool looking!