Hello Georgia

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by big-muddy, May 31, 2009.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i am from southern illinois and have recently been stationed in jacksonville, fl. i am lookin for some advice on some southern georgia fishin locations that i can hit on a weekend. i dont have a boat down here, but am saving to get one. so anything good on the bank would be nice. i have a vehicle and brought my poles with me.

2. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I'd say the Altamaha river. Dont know any good bank spots but theres quite a few members down in the area. Also one that lives in Jacksonville that fishes the Altamaha. Maybe they'll chime in here soon.

3. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I am new to Georgia just moved to Savannah from Iowa and just wanted to intro myself.:big_smile:

4. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
  5. Jack Herber

Jack Herber New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    Welcome to both of you! This is without a doubt the best info site on line. My advice for new "Damn Yankees" (we're the ones that stay) is to get a hydrographic map of the water you want to fish. Now I don't know if they have one for the Altamaha or the Savannah rivers but if they exist, grab one. Usually they can be found at Wal-Mart. Otherwise I know Savanah has a Bass Pro.
    These maps are good for bank fishing spots because you can start at the public boat ramps and quite often can bank fish from them. Plus they show all those back roads you need to find the out of the way places.
    Hope this helps a little. It's tough getting started in a new location but you've come to right site.
    Again, welcome to the BOC.

6. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    alright i have had a boat for a few years now but i used to bank fish the altamaha. there are some decent places i would start at Jaycee's landing as a good reference point. around the ramps there you can often catch some channel cats then on the main river they have a dock if you cast down stream towards the opening to the cove the boat ramps are in you can sometimes catch some flatheads down stream from there is where 84 crosses the river under that bridge can be good fish it from either side of the river to get in on the south side you will need to drive behind the bait shop at Jaycees right now that side is inaccessable though.
    any thing i missed please tell me and ill try to fill in the blanks

7. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Welcome guys! I'm on the other end of the state near TN, so I can't help you much with fishin' down there, but I do know there are flatheads in the Satilla River down there too.

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Come North on I75 about a hundred and fifty miles you got Lake Blackshear at exit 101 and flst creek on up about Perry Ga which is about 150 miles fron Jacksonville also you got sinclair over a little ways east so depending on your time and travle abilities all are good for bank fishing there are a few around middle ga all I do is bank fish can't afford a boat:smile2: oh WELCOME to the BOC