Hello from St. Albans

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by wvmedic, Jun 12, 2008.

1. wvmedic

wvmedic New Member

State:
    WV
    Hello fellow west virginians, just got in from the coal. I caught the only fish tonight a small drum.

Jeff.

2. mrshadetree0222

mrshadetree0222 New Member

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    hello, st albans! Whats going on ? not much action on the coal right now?

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Missouri Jeff.

4. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

State:
    W.va
    Welcome to the BOC from Missouri Jeff DONT CATCH THEM ALL

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC , looking to your post's on your fishing trips

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC from KY!!! I'm about 20 miles from Huntington and my Mom lives in Hurricane. Good to have you aboard!!!:cool2::big_smile:

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    welcome to the boc there are some catters in your area ! at least you wet a line . keep on posting lots of good folks and info here !

8. littlecat

littlecat New Member

State:
    west virginia
    guys i dont know where ur fishing but ive have done pretty good on the coal sofar caught a 30#der june 3 and a 9#der june 7 i hope to get to go tonightim catching them in deep water around lots of rocks on gills hopes it helps. get out there and givem heck.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeff Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

10. littlecat

littlecat New Member

State:
    west virginia
    i dont know where ur fishing but thebite is on!!!!:tounge_out:

11. wvmedic

wvmedic New Member

State:
    WV
    Well thanks to everyone for the welcome, it has been a couple of days since I have logged on.

littlecat, I have mostly fished the pool between the lower falls. I realy havent had much time this year to fish, hopefuly that is soon to change. I have a trip to Canada coming up going for pike and eyes, and when I get back I hope to have my boat running and will be on the water.

Jeff.

12. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    hello all.. im new to the BIG CATS FISHING. and ive just recently joined... is anybody from this area and know of some good spots to fish?:big_smile:

13. littlecat

littlecat New Member

State:
    west virginia
    hey medic the islands rite above the falls is a real good place to catch big flatties usue live gills the second island from the falls its about 25 30 feet deep ther iv caught a bunch there.

14. wvmedic

wvmedic New Member

State:
    WV
    littlecat thanks for the info, I have fished that area my daughter dated a guy that lives there on strawberry.

I am not getting email alerts for responses on this post so I’m only 14 days past your last post.

I have been on the river the last two days though bellow the falls trying out the boat and doing a little fishing. We caught a few small channels, that’s about it. I need to rig my boat for night fishing, I will probably do that over the winter or when I get back from Canada in Aug.

Jeff.

15. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC from Catlettsburg KY.

16. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Welcome to the BOC, Jeff! It's great to see more members joining from West Virginia.

17. wvmedic

wvmedic New Member

State:
    WV
    Hey firechief4201, I had 27 years in off and on before I quit. Between working full time as a Medic and enjoying my time off with my wife I didn’t have much spare time to volunteer so I figured it was time for the younger guys to do it. Thanks for the welcome.

Hey jeremiad, thank you for the welcome, I hope to get more time on the water and post our success and info here on the board.

I just got the boat in my aviator and need to do some work on it; I might tear everything out over the winter and rebuild it to my liking. It isn’t in super bad shape but dose have some soft spots in the floors and the running lights don’t work. I think it is in the wiring and all of that appears to be under the floor, so I will run all new when I tear out the wood and I want to put vinyl down instead of carpet easier to clean.

Thanks Jeff.